Do you take photos with your left eye or right eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

achanth

Dec 12, 2005
www.photography-xylec.blogspot.com
With the current design of digital cameras, should one take photos with the left eye or right eye? My right eye is long vision, and the left eye is short vision (mono vision, according to the eye surgeon who did the surgery). However, as both eyes are not sharp (i.e. 6/6 or 20/20), can one still take photos without glasses?

Some difficulties after surgery.

To me, the viewfinder is more towards the left of the camera, and my fingers are grabbing the right side. So it's better to use right eye, then my fingers won't be fighting for space with my face. But sadly I'm left master eye, so viewing with right eye through viewfinder is damn irritating!!

But I think both eyes are fine for aiming. Just need to get used to it.

my left eye is the master eye, so I use my left eye for looking thru the viewfinder,
compact camera, 35mm SLR camera, 120 SLR camera, ground glass of 45 camera. no problem at all.

I am more comfortable to use my right eye to look through the viewfinder, and most times, i open my left eye to look too. I am right-handed.

I can't help you much. my vision is 6/6, so have no experience with glasses...I only know I have to take off my sunglasses when shooting with my DSLR...;0

You can try adjusting the dipole to get a clearer vision in the viewfinder though

Me right eye dominance, it just developed naturally to use the right eye for looking thru the viewfinder.

Using left eye was more of physical akwardness for me, but i would believe habituation should resolve it.

Ryan

None of the above...I use my creative eye...heheheheh. But seriously, right handed but left master eye so using left eye.

Both.....right eye on viewfinder...left eye to look out for trouble...lol

I use my master eye. Which is my left thought I'm right handed.

i... use both eyes.... to look at the liveview screen. :bsmilie:
i like to take super low/high angle shots, so use that alot.

otherwise right (master) eye against the rubber.

maybe invent your own scope like those of microscope. adjustable at 45degrees. :bsmilie:

Right eye through viewfinder, left eye to keep aware of the situation

Right eye through viewfinder, left eye to keep aware of the situation

thats what i do with my panny FZ5 because the vf is at the left then my master eye is right so left eye is free to look around but with the d40....may have to slightly put the cam down below the eye level so as to see and judge better.

left eye...

tried with right eye.. but left eye vision thru the viewfinder appears to be sharper.

Maybe have to get used to it if I'd change to right eye

left, whatever is more dominant feels more fluent when using that eye

and with a wide angle lens, one doesn't need to keep aware of situation, since you can see everything around you, hurhur ok just kidding

Haha like that, fish eye even more "situation aware" right!

I use both eyes too.

If you have difficulties just use the eye which you are more comfortable with. too add less stress i guess it's better for u to take with glasses on!

i take with my camera:sweatsm:

okok i do it with my left eye through VF

I was using left Master eye but have to switch using right eye now due to some cornea issue with my left eye.

I discover that when i was using Master left eye, it helps to improving the cropping and easier to look for details thru viewfielder.

Right eye is slower even though i have a perfect sight, tends to miss out details but slowly after more practicing, gradually the shot cropping improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.