Do you take out your UV filter@night/very low light situation?

dapao

Nov 6, 2010

yes I do. But sometimes I get lazy.. so I take a test shot to see if there is any ghosting on a particular scene and composition.. if ok, I will do the actual shot.

so far i didn't take it out . . . :)

There is no UV filter on my lenses.

I don't take it off unless there is no choice.

I used to (back when using cheapo UV filters), then I changed to not using filters, and now I am back to using UV filters again (and not taking them off). :dunno:

Me, only take it out when I want to use GND filter. Other than that never :D

If i remember to.:)

there is a difference actually....

with UV
155824_476752488584_786218584_5811840_6719138_n.jpg

without UV
156215_476752588584_786218584_5811843_4296392_n.jpg

weird huh

yes I do.

I also remove it for daytime, night-time, indoor, outdoor, etc..

(I don't use UV filter for most of my lenses :embrass: )

yes I do.

I also remove it for daytime, night-time, indoor, outdoor, etc..

(I don't use UV filter for most of my lenses :embrass: )
i keep my UV on. u never know when it can save ur lens. i once dropped my 50mm 1.8. the filter took all damage. the lens survived

Yeah I do take it off but sometime forget that I shoot at night with my UV on!:bsmilie:

it is important to note that UV has limitted effect on Digital Sensor unlike film in the old days and its use is widely debated with many agreeing that it does not make sense buying an expensive lens and taking photos behind a piece of glass. Also it is wellknow that UV filters will create ghosting and I would take it off shooting at night. I use it as a lens protector and for no other reasons, perhaps also the multicoating helps in the envioronment.

Had problems with sennseizer uv filter on my 18-55 kit lens and I had to remove it when shooting at nights. Don't have the same problem with the Hoya HD or the Nikon NC currently on my lenses.
Haven't bought a UV filter for my 150-500 though. Can anyone tell me where I can get reasonably priced 88mm diameter UV filters?

Had problems with sennseizer uv filter on my 18-55 kit lens and I had to remove it when shooting at nights. Don't have the same problem with the Hoya HD or the Nikon NC currently on my lenses.
Haven't bought a UV filter for my 150-500 though. Can anyone tell me where I can get reasonably priced 88mm diameter UV filters?

All the info you need is in here.

Newbie guide to Filters
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803029

off it goes... oh wait i don't use it...