Do you take out your battery from your camera when storing in dry cab?

DarkFly3r

Aug 25, 2008
As per thread title. Thanks. :)

Never took them out.

I always leave a fully charged one in the cam just in case I'm in a hurry to get out & dun want to grab a cam without battery :sweat:
Unless I dun intend to shoot for a long time, I'll remove the battery ;)

Yes! i agree wif madmartian...i will always make it a point to ensure there is enuf battery life before i store into the dry box.unless know that i will not shoot like for 1 whole month or so,then i might take the battery out just to play safe.

Flat lithium battery for digicam not likely to leak soon.

All others types:
normal AA or AAA bty
alkaline AA or AAA bty
rechargeable AA or AAA bty
especially button bty

it is good habit to take out of camera or accessory before putting in dry box.

why?
they may leak
you may forget about the camera/accessory after some time because you got a lot of stuff.
the bty could be left inside for years

it is not the bty you are saving
it is the camera/accessory that you are saving. Once leak, the TOXIC fluid that leaks out severely corrodes your camera electronic contacts.

DON'T touch this leaked fluid with your bare fingers.

its just an old habit for me that i remove batteries from cameras and flash each time I am done
in the past when we used those older button or cell batteries .... they can leak when left unused for a long long time and the leaking battery would corrode the battery contacts leading to repair job .... so its an old habit
just a reflex action for me

i am sure battery technology is hugely better now

Last edited:
Thanks for all the valuable answers. Cheers. :)

I don't take them out too, but I use my equipment quite regularly (at least several times a week for each camera). They only get taken out if it's in long-term storage of a month or more.

I always took out battery b4 keeping