Do you switch off ur dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielskl

Jan 5, 2008
Jus wonder if its ok to leave the power on for the dry cabinet??

And how many of you actually switch it off when the humility level reaches the the constant level :dunno: to save some electricity? Btw if do so will the humility level shift since its a air tight?

And how many of you actually switch it off when the humility level reaches the the constant level :dunno: to save some electricity? Btw if do so will the humility level shift since its a air tight?

The dry cabinet suppose to keep the power on one..it oni consumes a small amout of power..and it will auto cut off when the pre-set humidity level is reached..

oh.. I :bigeyes: thanks

I switch off, I only on 1 day every 2 weeks because it is still new and quite strong. After turning on for 1 day, the humidity can stay low till about 2 weeks.

any ideal good brand dry cabinet can does that?

low power consumption. i think there's no point to switch it off. =)

... unless say, power disruption.

Dry cabinets are not air tight. If you want to save on the few dollars a month electric bill den i dont see why you buy a drycabinet in the 1st place. Just a air-tight container with silica gel will do. We use dry cabinet to have a controlled environment for our expensive gears. Just how many of us switch off the fridge at home for that matter?

If u switch it off, it defeats the purpose of being a dry cabinet and they're not air tight at all. Dry cabinets are supposed to be on continuously and it's internal dehumidifying unit will regulate the RH level once its set level has been reached and that's what it's there for.

keep it on 24/7 although I personally turn it off every sat to give it a break
Dry cabinets dont use that much electricity:lovegrin:

always on for my case

Always on 24/7.

always on. But i hear that it may dry up the rubber/ silicon on the gears...

The internals of a dry cabinet are rather hardy and they're made for what they're meant to be and can last for many years.

The only time my dry cabinet will turn off is when there's a power cut, blackout or the dehumidifying unit is spoilt.

Mine's been on from more than 10 years! Only time it is off is when there's a black out.

The internals of a dry cabinet are rather hardy and they're made for what they're meant to be and can last for many years.

The only time my dry cabinet will turn off is when there's a power cut, blackout or the dehumidifying unit is spoilt.

Erhh... I meant dry up the silicon/ rubber parts on your 'CAMERA' gears...

Can some one with engineering background clarify? Thanks.

On 24/7

why bother.... it's only 5 watts of power...

YOUR computer draws at least 300 watts... :sweat:

Tat's when you set the humidity level too low.. i.e. less than 30% That may cause problems with the rubber parts. But if set at the proper level of about 45% to 55%, you'd be safe.

As zac08 has explained. By the way my 4 year old Sony P8 has been inside the dry cabinet since the day i bought it and until now still working as normal. And u also don't need someone with engrg background to explain simple things. A dryer environment will dry up its internals more.

Status
Not open for further replies.