do you store your DSLR with the battery in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

summrj

May 19, 2008
hi guys.. now that school has started.. i don't get to play with my D90 all that often anymore.. just wondering.. for periods when my usage is rather minimal (ie take out from dry box 1-2times a week) should i continue to just leave the battery in? or should i take the battery out when in storage?

i've always believed that battery life will just seep away more quickly if you leave it in the device.. any experienced dude out there who knows what should be done?

I do hope school teaches a bit of media competency ... searching, browsing, evaluating different information. You can exercise here in the forum, it's free :)

i just leave my battery in my D70s for ages and never use it, and it's not in the dry box all the time, i still take it out but just don't turn it on.

i don't think that will cause a problem... i leave it inside so whenever i need to grab the cam and go i need not find the battery.

Recently took out my F601 from the dry box after like 6 yrs, surprisingly the battery is still like 3/4 full :think: no problem whatsoever :sweat:

Yes, the longest period stored without usage in dry cabi so far is 3 mths :)

I only take it out for chraging. Ohter than that it is inside the cam all the time. :)

i also dun take out... perhaps becoz i am too lazy :p

I'm only a weekend shooter and my batts are inside my batt grip all the time.

Store camera with battery inside to keep the clock, date and settings.

Mine is normally out.. but that's because it's always charging ;p

which makes me wonder why the date/time is still set correctly :dunno: (probably runs an internal tiny lithium battery, I suppose - my handphone take out 30secs only have to reset date/time already)

The little built-in battery will go flat if camera is not used frequently.

true also. i think its good to replace that battery regularly. if i take out the battery in my compact for a few weeks, the whole thing goes flat. :angry:

alright.. so i guess no harm just leaving it in and taking out only to charge.. thanks guys!

alright.. so i guess no harm just leaving it in and taking out only to charge.. thanks guys!

Yes absolutely no harm, i've been doing that since day 1 when i started DSLR photography a few years back and so far no probs. :thumbsup:

I leave the batteries inside my camera's BG.... unless charging lah... :bsmilie:

Sometimes I leave it in, sometimes I take it out. Works either way.

i always take them out when i put my cam into the dry box
i use it every two days
no time/clock/setting loss or watever so

Status
Not open for further replies.