Do you squint your other eye when you look thru the VF?

Do you squint your other eye when u look thru the VF?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but Minolta camera's have big viewfinders.

Kinda part of a habit...

But sometimes, I will open the other eye to check the background if there are other people or subjects which may interefere with the shot and I will then consider to snap first or wait for the obstruction to pass.

Yes if I am shooting a non-moving subject.

No when I am shooting fast moving subject like soccer player, fashion show model moving etc .... I use my left eye to anticipate the direction and speed of the subject. Left eye can also help to detect when the next model appearing from behind.

No, my brains are trained to look at different things with each eye. The only problem is that I have Oly E-500, and for some strange reason Oly have all data on the right side of VF, quite unreadable. Very bad ergonomy. :thumbsd: I can not see the data if I have both eyes open. On the other hand, I only have to blink with left eye to regiter, so it is not that disturbing.

Unfortunately, YES.

Until we can find camera with binocular style viewfinder :bsmilie: .

Good idea maybe :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

No,
as i use the left eye to look into the VF, (normally i think ppl look with right eye)
and the camera body will cover the right eye.
Previously i used right eye to look also.

yeah I'm using left eye too (left master eye), right eye is covered by the camera body;p

user111 said:
yes

otherwise how are u able to focus

can still focus with the other eye open what..;) It's also possible to aim with 2 eyes open. As darkforce said, it depends on the situation. When situation awareness is important (like during fast moving events when you need to get shots), I tend to keep the other eye open (not really to see per se, the other eye is sort of defocused, but I still register motion and movement). When doing macro, it's the opposite; the other eye would be closed.

I normally keep twoeyes open when taking with a long lens with fast moving animals. I find its easier to track if you lose focus...

what if i don't look?
i shoot with my heart :)

okok, i do take photos while looking through viewfinder too.
sometimes close one, sometimes open both.

shoot blindfolded. and use the force.

the test of real skill :thumbsup: :cool:

see the thing is that i see every slr users squinting their left eye because they use their right eye to look through the VF. i wonder why dont they use their left eye to see through the view finder, much more ease. dont need to close any eye like that.

knpan said:
see the thing is that i see every slr users squinting their left eye because they use their right eye to look through the VF. i wonder why dont they use their left eye to see through the view finder, much more ease. dont need to close any eye like that.
that's because their right eye is their master eye, it's more comfortable and natural to use the right eye..

haha idiot chay him. i know it's a bad habit la..

actually if u use ur left eye, ur whole face tend to be in contact with the camera body. imagine ur nose oil on ur buttons. EW.

Status
Not open for further replies.