Do you shoot with your left or right eye?

How do you shoot?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Hey guys! I've been curious about this question for a long time...

Do you shoot with your left or right eye? Is that the eye that your brain primarily uses? Or do you shoot and review instead of looking and compositing your shots?

This is mainly geared towards the dSLR uses because compacts and step-up prosumers have live-view in them (=

Personally, I shoot with my left eye and it's my main eye.

Cheers!

Interesting question. I learnt this during my NS days. To find out your 'master' eye, hold out both hands and form a triangle on a distant object. Close one eye at a time. The one that reveals the object in the triangle is your 'master' eye. Incidentally, I shoot with my right eye which is also my 'master' eye. I tried to use my left eye so I don't have to squint, right eye will be blocked by camera, but not used to it.

yup. its the 'master' eye that wong1979 talked about. if you had been in the army, you will know what we are talking about..
likewise, i shoot with the right eye (and right hander)

most people are right eye, right hander or left eye left hander but there are some who are right eye left hander and left eye right hander.

Hee, ponder on this question before. I'm a Left Hander with Left Master Eye~

This-> ;)

is how i shoot~;p

i didnt notice which eye i used until i read this thread
right hander with left eye woh..
i have difficulty opening my right eyes only

i usually shoot with my camera:bsmilie:
sorry jking;p

I started off with right eye
then later on,i found its more comfortable to use my left

Master eye.. right. ;)

Left hander right eye. Haha, but i realise i squint alot maybe should change to left eye. (;

for me, right eye. (right hander)
(cant vote, i tink cos im still considered a new member)

this is really an interesting question.

nv thought out this qn b4. i mean, ever since i 1st held a camera (which was my father's film PnS i tink) i use my right eye to look thru the viewfinder. that's it. it comes naturally.

Very interesting poll. I've always felt it quite ideal for the right eye to keep track of viewfinder, while the left eye keeps track of your periphery (or the field in which you're shooting, esp when you're shooting telephoto). I personally shoot with my left eye - my master eye.

I found it interesting enough that most of the people who voted also use their left eyes to look at the viewfinder. Admire those who can use both with no problem.

right hander, left eye. its an auto thing, the 1st time i look thru the view finder, auto goes to left eye.

Well, there's no specific rule to use either left or right eyes. It's more of individual comfort. But I do realise that using left eye has slight disadvantage. Do you guys feel that your nose is always touching the LCD as you press your left eye again the viewfinder? Yes, I started with my left eye but felt a little discomfort, so trained myself to use right instead.

chvictor (Adobe Certified Instructor) | Photoshop Instructor | 98162062

in the army, I aimed with my right eye.

during labs, I looked through the microscope with my right eye *monocule version*

looking through periscopes/telescopes, I use my right eye *monocule version*

but I aim through my dSLR with my left eye *shrugs*

Well, there's no specific rule to use either left or right eyes. It's more of individual comfort. But I do realise that using left eye has slight disadvantage. Do you guys feel that your nose is always touching the LCD as you press your left eye again the viewfinder? Yes, I started with my left eye but felt a little discomfort, so trained myself to use right instead.

chvictor (Adobe Certified Instructor) | Photoshop Instructor | 98162062

actually, im using my right eye and my nose also touches the LCD screen.. :dunno:

in the army, I aimed with my right eye.

during labs, I looked through the microscope with my right eye *monocule version*

looking through periscopes/telescopes, I use my right eye *monocule version*

but I aim through my dSLR with my left eye *shrugs*

haha... i tink it's sth natural. no reason why. maybe u feel more comfortable using ur left eye on the dSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.