Do you shoot just for the sake of it?

Do you shoot for the sake of it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YSLee

Jan 17, 2002
Visit site
Here you go guys.. do you guys tend to shoot whatever you're shooting because you have a geniune interest in the subject, or do you shoot just for the sake of it? Indicate your more recent tendencies in the poll.

I must confess that I am drawn to take photographs for the sake of photography itself. For me, I'm always on the lookout for something that I can use to express what I want. In other words, for me it's the ends that matters, and I tend to see my subjects only as the means to the end rather than something of intrinsic value in themselves.

What about...

I shoot to improve my skill in shooting subjects that I am actually interested in.

Being the amateur, I tend to shoot whatever that catches my eye without thinking about 'the story' behind the picture. It occurs so many times that my father had almost put me off photography, when he said that my pictures are plain sucky. :(

Originally posted by Poledra
Being the amateur, I tend to shoot whatever that catches my eye without thinking about 'the story' behind the picture. It occurs so many times that my father had almost put me off photography, when he said that my pictures are plain sucky. :(

Err....just curious....what is it going to do with your father? :dunno:
You're enjoying yourself isn't it.. :D

Originally posted by scanner

Err....just curious....what is it going to do with your father? :dunno:
You're enjoying yourself isn't it.. :D

It's HIS money I'm spending on film developing. Of course he'll complain lah. Then very the sian mah.

Nowadays, I try to save money by developing film at neighbourhood film shops, then enlarging my shots myself at school in black and white.

Oh well...

Originally posted by Poledra

It's HIS money I'm spending on film developing. Of course he'll complain lah. Then very the sian mah.

Nowadays, I try to save money by developing film at neighbourhood film shops, then enlarging my shots myself at school in black and white.

Oh well...

Show him what you're capable of. ;)

i shoot for the sake of shooting !!!
actually...
for the sake of remembering everythign !
i tend to forget alot of things...
so it is a good way of remembering things...

Wow, a lot less votes than I thought.. are people scared to look inside of themselves and find out the truth? :rbounce:

photography is my colour pencil, paint, airbrush, pencil. Prints are my canvas. I'm am an artist.

Sometime, I do have my indulgence of pure abstract expression. These are for fun. I won't call them serious work. Shoot for the sake of shooting is fun, and from the bizarre, intentional technical mistakes, I learn to control it. It becomes my style, new perpective, or technique.

Yes shoot for the sake of shooting is a must but failing to be able to control it will always be a mistake. To be able to control the mistake, mistake will no longer be a mistake but intention (skills). Ideas + (appropriate) intention is my real work.

Like I can choose to use watercolour, or pencil as according to what mood I want to portray. Techniques and just techniques. If you can't imagine, can't visualise, can't think, can't put them down to the canvas, you fail as an artist.

voted when u first posted... :D
events are shot, gatherings sometimes...
but there's this urge to want to take something.
whenever I take a bus I always wished I had my cam with me, to shoot the singtel dishes, the billowy clouds, the fleeting herons.
bus windows on transisland buses are damn good softboxes, I have seen old indian faces top-lit perfectly, white cute lians side-lit perfectly. sigh all cannot shoot.
I see a scene with nice lines and colours, makes me itch.

Digital shooters tend to shoot like there's no tomorrow.

LOMO shooters anyhow shoot.

Film shooters tend to be more conservative (unless they are from National Geographic where film is free)

Film shooters converted from digital shoot like there's no tomorrow, then feel the pain when they get to the lab.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Film shooters converted from digital shoot like there's no tomorrow, then feel the pain when they get to the lab.

maybe there will come a day when there REALLY will be no tomorrow................. so meanwhile i'll just shoot..and shoot..and shoot.... ;p

LOL yeah ck that's what I did at first.. clickclickclickclick like some press photographer...
now that I've gotten back my digicam... the mania is back.. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAAA CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

Mmm Interesting question. I normally shot if .....

1)I have a camera with me and I bring one when I expecting something to shot like going on outings.

2)When I see something beautiful and I wish to keep it.. like breath taking scenary, Chio bu and friends. Yesterday went downstairs cause the night sky very nice so went down specially to shot.

However when I shoot, I do wish to get it right and beautiful on pic. Will shoot many times till its right as I dun have much skills...

So Which do I belong to? Not too sure myself :bsmilie:

I shoot for shooting's sake. To relax, to take my mind off other things. Any subject will do as long as in the mood to shoot. Sometimes I go out and have a plan in mind. Other times I just walk around and leave things to chance, the lighting and the weather.

I shoot because I have a passion for photography. You have to have a passion to get progress in anything.

i shoot because its my life.

i shoot in black and white because i cannot feel the vibrance of colours in my life.

i shoot in colour because i want to cheat myself. to believe that i lived for a reason. and the reason is her.

but i still came back. i shoot in bnw is because its where i find solitude.

not for the sake of money.

not for the sake of anything

for the Passion of photography
for the Passion of nature and life.

i lived in a world of black and white..

Status
Not open for further replies.