Do you send in your warranty card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbchoong

Apr 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Just wondering if you guys send in the warranty card of the camera you just bought.

There's always this little print that says "must be sent within 14 days of purchase".

;)

Originally posted by dbchoong
Just wondering if you guys send in the warranty card of the camera you just bought.

There's always this little print that says "must be sent within 14 days of purchase".

;)

For me...never...

Just curious...does that mean the warranty will not be honoured?

I do.. free postage anyway.. but i remember my brother told me that if u dont sent, they should cover the warranty too.. duuno why but he explain briefly why they will cover it, even without u sending in the card... i cant remember what reason he said :p

It's always best to send in the warranty. That is only the 2nd most important thing though. The most important is that you keep the customer's portion of the warranty card.
If the company claims that you did not sent them the warranty card, just show them your portion and say that you did sent out the other portion. (maybe it was lost in the post ;) ).

Originally posted by yurona
It's always best to send in the warranty. That is only the 2nd most important thing though. The most important is that you keep the customer's portion of the warranty card.
If the company claims that you did not sent them the warranty card, just show them your portion and say that you did sent out the other portion. (maybe it was lost in the post ;) ).

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought retaining the receipt is the most important of all as nowadays, we are also required to produce the receipt when claiming warranty.

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought retaining the receipt is the most important of all as nowadays, we are also required to produce the receipt when claiming warranty.

now, what's the logic behind producing the receipt in claiming warranty? what's the warranty card for? asking for receipt while the customer has already produced the warranty card is equivalent as saying: "Hey, I'm idiot. Whoop my candy ass!". these CSOs shld take a gun and shoot themselves right at their ass

aiyah.......simple enough leh. YOu people........:cry: the warranty card should be sent in time. (normally within 7days) . If not, who knows the receipt that you have might be another same product with that you have purchased in different time? eg: I buy product A. Then the warranty of A invalid liao. At the same time, A spoilt. Then, I go and buy another A' and show them the receipt with the A(spoilt one) and claim that the warranty still valid?(in case you haven't sent the warranty card). This should be possible. Therefore, it is BETTER that we send the warranty card immediately. They will keep records. Then even though the thing we buy have some problems during warranty period, the warranty still valid. :thumbsup:

Well, they will have to honour it, whether you have the receipt or not. In the first place, their database should already have your record if you do send the card in. But we all know that most companies don't have a proper system.

I wonder if you claim that if you lost the customer portion and receipt, make a hell lot of noise, will they let you have warranty service? :)

Regards
CK

companies shld keep track the items that they have sold. it's fairly easy, u juz have to ask the shops to update them. i know some companies have already practised this. in this case, it saves the customer a lot of hassle

Originally posted by ruud
companies shld keep track the items that they have sold. it's fairly easy, u juz have to ask the shops to update them. i know some companies have already practised this. in this case, it saves the customer a lot of hassle

but they might not have the actual date that their product has been purchased by you , isn't it?
Let's say, is a company knows the exact date the product with a particular serial number being sold?
I think you were thinking that those companies only sell one or two per day?:bsmilie: where got so easy to track one?:bsmilie:

Originally posted by Newbie0001

but they might not have the actual date that their product has been purchased by you , isn't it?
Let's say, is a company knows the exact date the product with a particular serial number being sold?
I think you were thinking that those companies only sell one or two per day?:bsmilie: where got so easy to track one?:bsmilie:

hmm.. we are talking about rather expensive goods here, not your typical daily staple food, right? also, we are talking about really big companies such as nikon, olympus and canon right? this can be tracked electronically, and once the system is up, everything is smooth. also, u don't need to keep track the exact date or time for this. a shop can accumulate the sold cameras every week, and send them for a batch processing, while taking new orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.