Do you Really Use Viewfinder - P&S + Prosumer

Do you think Viewfinder is neccesary ...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee Photogs out there...

Juz wanna see if you do use your view finder and do you think that its necessary with the presence of larger LCD nowadays..

my P&S no viewfinder, only LCD.

I'd downgraded from a camera without viewfinder, to one with viewfinder (and blerdy small LCD). Reason being I don't like to off my camera when I'm on the move... so without LCD on all the time, the battery life last much much longer than those with LCD per se.

Also because, I don't like to compose pictures these days and go all technical with a camera that's supposed to just click and shoot... or rather, click, *lag*, shoot, *lag* and capture.

the viewfinder help under blight day light condition, if have choice, prefer to have it.

i use teh viewfinder even though there is a big lcd. This is mainly because of my habit from using SLR and DSLR over many years.

The 'solid feel handling' whenever u use a viewfinder (preferably optical or at the very least EVF) instead of the LCD.

Most ppl I'd noticed (they are layman knowing nothing in photography), after 'upgrading' from their 'lousy old film camera' to a 'powerful digital camera' their photos, which are supposed to improve (since with the money paid, ur skill shld exponentially increase as well) saw their photos turn into nothing more than ultra handshake blurred pieces of abstract art which they dun even know what they are shooting.

Den I noticed how most of them shoot.... Composing via the LCD, holding the camera with 4 fingers (darn those ultra compacts!), the distance between head and camera is like 0.5 arm length away and the resulting photo would be like, "Eh! How come like dat one? Stand the pose again, one more plz." (and it will be 'one more plz' till Kingdom cometh).

Unfortunately, most do not realise this basic mistake of bad handling and decided to 'upgrade to higher megapixel' cos 'too low megapixel produces bad photos' (alongst with bells & whistles thanks to great Salesmen) when they din realise that they are committing the most basic error in Photography - handheld technique.

The most unfortunate fact is trying to correct them. And ppl don't really like corrections and not all take criticisms to THEIR techniques openly.

depends on the camera... on my KM A2, i use the electronic viewfinder much more than the lcd. on compacts, fergedit, just use the lcd.

jsbn said:
The 'solid feel handling' whenever u use a viewfinder (preferably optical or at the very least EVF) instead of the LCD.

Most ppl I'd noticed (they are layman knowing nothing in photography), after 'upgrading' from their 'lousy old film camera' to a 'powerful digital camera' their photos, which are supposed to improve (since with the money paid, ur skill shld exponentially increase as well) saw their photos turn into nothing more than ultra handshake blurred pieces of abstract art which they dun even know what they are shooting.

Den I noticed how most of them shoot.... Composing via the LCD, holding the camera with 4 fingers (darn those ultra compacts!), the distance between head and camera is like 0.5 arm length away and the resulting photo would be like, "Eh! How come like dat one? Stand the pose again, one more plz." (and it will be 'one more plz' till Kingdom cometh).

Unfortunately, most do not realise this basic mistake of bad handling and decided to 'upgrade to higher megapixel' cos 'too low megapixel produces bad photos' (alongst with bells & whistles thanks to great Salesmen) when they din realise that they are committing the most basic error in Photography - handheld technique.

The most unfortunate fact is trying to correct them. And ppl don't really like corrections and not all take criticisms to THEIR techniques openly.

Yeah! I'm a layman!! Yippeee~! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jbma said:
i use teh viewfinder even though there is a big lcd. This is mainly because of my habit from using SLR and DSLR over many years.
same.. there was once my friend asked me to take a group photo for them with their cam. I instinctively brought the cam up to my eye and moved around trying to align the VF to my eyes.. and..:think:.. there's no VF!!! the group started laughing at me...:embrass:

Nowadays, PNS are kinda of small and it feels kinda of funny holding it and trying to look thru the VF. I would say a LCD works best for a P&S. :)

sulhan said:
Hiee Photogs out there...

Juz wanna see if you do use your view finder and do you think that its necessary with the presence of larger LCD nowadays..

Optical viewfinder is a 90% must have.
Small and sharp screen better than big screen.
Saves bty. If want to see big screen, load shots on PC.

Sometimes I'll use the viewfinder to save battery for my P&S. It is useful to have a viewfinder for cases when you need to stretch the battery power.

i use my [electronic]viewfinder when i do regular shots like landscape, potrait etc, abit more stable than viewing through the lcd. i only use the lcd when i do macro work since its abit 'mafan' to use the evf.

after using DSLR, im used to VF liao, sometimes shoot wif P&S also feels abit wierd.
look through P&S VF u dun really see wat u capture.

if the viewfinder is those old optical type with some angle of viewing shifting, not those WYSIWYG, then I don't think I need them.

Use the viewfinder. Looks more pro... haha... having a FZ30.
Other than that, holding the camera to my face gives more stability. Anyway viewfinder and LCD show the same image.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.