Do you really need a dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, what is your knob's position (green light facing where?) for the RH's level of around 50% for your DB-036 (30L)?
Mine just have one green light led without any red led eh?

I put mine around the 10 o'clock position. it has been hovering between 48-50%. this data is based on the hygrometer that comes with the dry cabi, not a separate...

Cheers...

You usually don't put your gear through as much abuse as your SPH working photogs do you? Rain. Thunderstorm. They will still be there. Can't really help it if equipment doesn't really dry out.

And oh. I think equipment belongs to SPH right? :p Heh. So replacements/repairs SPH pay lor. :bsmilie:

It will take longer to remove the humidity caused by camera bag. While it is possible, I prefer to use extra space to keep my precious DVD/VCD, negative film, rather than camera bag.

Regards,
Arto.

You can buy the tube type to install in the cabinet where you keep your camera bags. Thepower consumption is quite high but you don't have to leave it on all the time since it's for bags only. Useful when you have gone under a drizzle, sometimes the bag doesn't dry completely when you just air dry it.

What? Whole bag? Then you must be the proud owner of a very huge drycabinet :bsmilie: I can never squeeze my CompuRover/7Milhome/SR400 into the cabinet.

hi,

I got it at john 3;16 for 180 , lens cleaner digi brand

otto

so good...they did not offer me any additional free gift on top of the dry box...in the end i did not buy with them even though i want to buy from them due to excellent customer service....i exchange drybox (coz i already have one at home and lazy to sell away) to compatible battery that is made in japan (retail price at $36) at $180

so good...they did not offer me any additional free gift on top of the dry box...in the end i did not buy with them even though i want to buy from them due to excellent customer service....i exchange drybox (coz i already have one at home and lazy to sell away) to compatible battery that is made in japan (retail price at $36) at $180

actually I did not even know there was freebies, till the cabinate was delivered.

otto:bsmilie:

Anyone buying dry cabinet anytime soon? Wanna get 40L but there's no delivery...too heavy for me to hand carry. Am thinking if order together can request for their delivery service?

pay a bit more, get 50ltr then delivery is free.

Anyone buying dry cabinet anytime soon? Wanna get 40L but there's no delivery...too heavy for me to hand carry. Am thinking if order together can request for their delivery service?
My AD-040 last time is free delivery. Few years ago.

Regards,
Arto.

Definitely must get a dry cabinet.

I do not have a dry cabinet nor any dry box. Everything is in my bags. You only use them is you need one, though both are definitely not necessary.

When I first bought my D50, I kept mine in a bag too but I had those "hungry hippo" dehumidifier cost about $3 can last for a few months and you can see the water collected in the tub.

It wasn't air-tight but at least it kept the fungus at bay and protected the bag too.

Since owning my D80, I have bought a dri-cabinet too as I have need to protect my more expensive lenses.

Thus the cost of getting a dri-cabinet is justified.

When I first bought my D50, I kept mine in a bag too but I had those "hungry hippo" dehumidifier cost about $3 can last for a few months and you can see the water collected in the tub.

No "hungry hippo" whatever. As mentioned, dry cabinets are not compulsory purchases as some have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.