Do you really need a dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can thinking to use your gear everyday now, but later...??

Regards,
Arto.
Later going to UK in Oct for 3 years.

Dry cabi also cannot bring there.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Got a dry box for the 6 months.

:bigeyes: Wah, over a year? So have you got a dry cabinet already? Better be safe than sorry. Come to think of it. It's wiser to invest in a dry cabinet which cost a couple of hundreds of dollars rather than let your few thousand dollars gears risk infected with fungus. No more worries since I got mine. :bsmilie:

Yeah i've got it a few mths ago already. Then i just got my 17-40 so after that i bought one. :)

Just get a dry cabinet REGARDLESS of how often u use it. Prevention is better than cure. The decision is yours.

For those who use their gears everyday, is it better to just dump the whole camera bag into the dry cabinet when at home? :bsmilie:

For those who use their gears everyday, is it better to just dump the whole camera bag into the dry cabinet when at home? :bsmilie:
It will take longer to remove the humidity caused by camera bag. While it is possible, I prefer to use extra space to keep my precious DVD/VCD, negative film, rather than camera bag.

Regards,
Arto.

Hi guys,

Just starting to get more serious into photography and am wondering, is it really necessary for a dry cabinet? Can I keep my SLR and lens just in a normal cabinet? Would it really be so harmful for the camera and lens?

Cheers.

100% yes ! yr camera can never survive in singapore weather.

Unless you stay at Melbourne :)
My friend who stay there told me the humidity around 40 to 50%.

I'm thinking to get a dry box,well since getting a cabinet is quite a hassle for a foreigner like me,considering that someday I'll go back to my home country
Anyone know where to get one?and for how much?
Thanks

I'm thinking to get a dry box,well since getting a cabinet is quite a hassle for a foreigner like me,considering that someday I'll go back to my home country
Anyone know where to get one?and for how much?
Thanks
Carrefour.

$24.90 yesterday.

If you hang around long enough you might meet a person trying to buy a dry cabinet (they always give out free dry box with dry cabi) and you can try to discuss with him to knock off some $.

Alternatively you can buy here in Clubsnap Marketplace, always got people selling because they also buy dry cabi! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

If you buy from Carrefour make sure that the silica pack inside is blue instead of pink hor. Mine was totally pink, but I don't use it anyways, just microwaved it for fun in any case.

You guys are scaring me into getting a dry box. =(

But I'm thinking; if I take out my gear everyday to use, dry box or not, it's exposed to moisture more than it is in the dry box, haha.

But ok la, just pay small $ to get peace of mind. At least even if got fungus it's not my fault! :thumbsup:

It ain't the camera, it's those damn lenses...

Once fungus grows underneath the glass coatings... bye bye lens...

It ain't the camera, it's those damn lenses...

Once fungus grows underneath the glass coatings... bye bye lens...

Hehe, yar, but I only got kit lens so far. But ok la, I got already, don't nag me! :sweat:

Should keep it at 40-50, right?

For those who use dry box, how much silica gel should you use? I am concern about too much much silica gel will suck up the lubricant in the cam also thus causing the cam to spoilt faster too.

For those who use dry box, how much silica gel should you use? I am concern about too much much silica gel will suck up the lubricant in the cam also thus causing the cam to spoilt faster too.
So get a dry box with a hygrometer so you can check out the humidity levels!

Got a 70L digi-cab comes with lens cleaner and a additional dry box.

so far happy with the purchase:cool:

otto

remember to buy a 2nd hygrometer if you suspect that the built in hygrometer isn't accurate.

i don't really bother with the accuracy anyway so I've not bought one.

Carrefour.

$24.90 yesterday.

If you hang around long enough you might meet a person trying to buy a dry cabinet (they always give out free dry box with dry cabi) and you can try to discuss with him to knock off some $.

Alternatively you can buy here in Clubsnap Marketplace, always got people selling because they also buy dry cabi! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

If you buy from Carrefour make sure that the silica pack inside is blue instead of pink hor. Mine was totally pink, but I don't use it anyways, just microwaved it for fun in any case.
Thanks for the advice :D

Got a 70L digi-cab comes with lens cleaner and a additional dry box.

so far happy with the purchase:cool:

otto

where did u buy it? what brand is the lens cleaner? how much did u buy it?

Hi guys, what is your knob's position (green light facing where?) for the RH's level of around 50% for your DB-036 (30L)?
Mine just have one green light led without any red led eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.