Do you put your photo bags in your dry cabinet?

Do you put your camera bag in your dry cabinet?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
Wonder who dumps their entire bag with all the gear into the dry cabinet...
Or put their bags in there just for the sake of organisation... since you gonna pack the camera stuff into the bag... everything at the same place makes it easier... :bigeyes::bsmilie:

Wowww... I'm surprised the majority voted for the last option.
Can you tell me why is the idea crazy and don't make sense?
In terms of organisation, it makes sense... all the camera stuff are put together and camera bag is also camera stuff. Dry cabinet is just a cabinet with controlled humidity.

how big is your dry cabi? :bigeyes:

Haven't get yet but planning to get one... so thinking if I should get one big enough to put bags. I like the idea and having a bigger dry cabi also gives me room to expand my gear... if my gear expand until no space for bags, can always kick the bags out. Right now, I don't have that much gear lah... lack of Vit M. :(

unless all your bags are lowepro rezos, a bit hard to put into dry cabi leh.. :sweat:

unless all your bags are lowepro rezos, a bit hard to put into dry cabi leh.. :sweat:

The shelf cannot be taken out meh?
Thinking of a 3-shelf model... take out one shelf to make a big space... still got 2 shelves to put my gear... 1 shelf for lens, another for body and accessories.

bags will make you cabi work extra hard if it's those thick moisture magnet kind! Should just air dry them and seperate the gears..

Last edited:
Defeat the purpose of dry cabinet.

not really i think? just that the drycab will overwork... cos the bag will trap alot of moisture :bsmilie:

Only if you sweat a lot!
I am generally very dry... ask my ex-JC classmates... you barely see me sweat after running 2.4km! :bsmilie:
Since I am dry, my bag will be dry too... or only very little moisture from the environment.
Ok, getting caught in the rain will be a totally different story... that, I will surely dry my bag first.

Only if you sweat a lot!
I am generally very dry... ask my ex-JC classmates... you barely see me sweat after running 2.4km! :bsmilie:
Since I am dry, my bag will be dry too... or only very little moisture from the environment.
Ok, getting caught in the rain will be a totally different story... that, I will surely dry my bag first.

You'd be surprise how much the humidity will rise no matter how dry you think you are. I put my mini pouch holding my pns into the cabi and the level will rise 7-15%. Opening the cabi door will also up the humidity alittle. I believe the padding in the pouch is the cause.

Last edited:
Only if you sweat a lot!
Doesn't matter how much you sweat - general humidity level in Singapore is 90%-100%... unless your gear stays in controlled low humidity environment and never goes outdoors... in which case you don't need a dry cab.

Last edited:
The shelf cannot be taken out meh?
Thinking of a 3-shelf model... take out one shelf to make a big space... still got 2 shelves to put my gear... 1 shelf for lens, another for body and accessories.

I took out all the three shelves and tie a string across the dry cabi to hang my bikini. :)

I took out all the three shelves and tie a string across the dry cabi to hang my bikini. :)

:sweatsm:

either get a v big dry cab or use a v small camera bag.

ya if u keep the gear in the cam bag and put the whole lot in the dry cab , i think its v hard for the dry cab to do its job to keep the gear dry

if just wanna dry back, i wonder if u can just put it under the sun for a while everyday?

You want to protect the items and keep it near the recommended humidity of ~50%, the bag will only prolong the delay of the humidity dropping to that level. So I don't see the point.

wa...u will need to have a big cabinet to put the photo bags in..

Dry cabi no space ...

No space.... and not willing to put a dirty bag (expose to dirt, moisture.... and God only knows what else.... :sweat:) into my Dry Cabinate :nono:

If you use your camera bag often enough, then it shouldn't pose a problem. It's been all okay for me for the past many years. I just make sure that I close the flaps to prevent dust from falling in, and once in a while, I vacuum the insides.

I even think that chucking your entire bag in the cabinet may be less effective in preventing fungus/mould growth in your gear. If your bag is all closed up, there might be a pocket of humid air trapped within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.