Do you put your K20D inside the dry box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eone8

Jun 23, 2007
Hi,
I would like to get a K20D as my first DSLR system because of the price that I can get here in States.
The weather is very dry here, so there is no need to put the camera inside the dry box.

However, the weather is singapore is so much humid.
Do I need to put the camera in the dry box when I am not using it?

What are the other care should I take into consideration?

Here in Singapore the humidity is often 80% and above. If you don't use your cam and lenses for several weeks, you might see something funny inside them. Better put them in a dry place like a dry box (either DIY one or those electronic ones) or a room w/ aircon on all the time :)

i do... but i dun think its necessary... most ppl dun keep their compacts in dry box and they still work... DSLR should not be any different... then again u never noe, since expensive so i put inside lor :bsmilie: its also a good place for storage anyway...

other care... i just clean/wipe the camera after every use, clean the strap especially, cos wait got smell :bsmilie: the sensor nothing major just leave it alone...

Well, I've seen quite some fungused lenses. Even my sunglasses got fungus when left not in use for about half a year:

Sunglass_1.jpg

Sunglass_2.jpg

Sunglass_3.jpg

Well, I've seen quite some fungused lenses. Even my sunglasses got fungus when left not in use for about half a year:

Sunglass_1.jpg

Sunglass_2.jpg

Sunglass_3.jpg

I thought those are customized designed sungalsses.:bsmilie:

Thanks,
How much is 20D selling in singapore?

I am thinking of getting the K20D with 18-250mm lens, both are waterproof right?
For both it is selling for about USD $1100 plus, from amazon, is it worth getting it here?

I will be going to stay in Singapore from next month onwards, so is it better to get it here or in singapore?

Thanks,
How much is 20D selling in singapore?

I am thinking of getting the K20D with 18-250mm lens, both are waterproof right?
For both it is selling for about USD $1100 plus, from amazon, is it worth getting it here?

I will be going to stay in Singapore from next month onwards, so is it better to get it here or in singapore?

K20D is weather sealed, but not waterproof. DA18250 isn't weather sealed, but it's a very good lens for its price. Both items sold for quite a bit higher than those from Amazon, some folks here even bought them from the States. I think it's better you buy from the US, and you can get International warranty (which is covered here in SG) from the US :)

K20D is weather sealed, but not waterproof. DA18250 isn't weather sealed, but it's a very good lens for its price. Both items sold for quite a bit higher than those from Amazon, some folks here even bought them from the States. I think it's better you buy from the US, and you can get International warranty (which is covered here in SG) from the US :)

how can you tell if the lens is wheather proof or not?

There isn't any waterproof SLR at the moment. SLRs are too complicated and would be very expensive if made waterproof. You can get waterproof casing but then they are also very expensive.

Same for the lens. You can only tell if a lens is weather resistant (light rain) by reading the specs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.