Do you put all your Canon Equipment into the Dry Cabinet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d12go4

Aug 23, 2004
I place the following into my Dry Cabinet when not in use:

1) Camera Body (without Lithium Battery and CF Card)
2) Lens
3) Filters

Was wondering if there was any reason to put these other equipment in the dry cabinet as well:

1) Flash
2) Battery Grip
3) Camera's Lithium Battery
4) CF Card(s)

Thanks in advance

MANoj

d12go4 said:
I place the following into my Dry Cabinet when not in use:

2) Lens
3) Filters

Was wondering if there was any reason to put these other equipment in the dry cabinet as well:

1) Flash
2) Battery Grip
3) Camera's Lithium Battery
4) CF Card(s)

Thanks in advance

MANoj

Cam body, lenses and filters go into the dry cabinet. Even the lens caps and body caps. You can see from my reply it's anything that can introduce mould into the lens or camera body.

As for Batteries, SD, CF cards and flashes, I do not see a need to.

No harm. If there is space, everything can go in.

For me, everythnig goes in.,..

I am just wondering..anyone here puts in their Print(er) Photo paper into the dry-cabi?

Thanks

d12go4 said:
2) Lens
3) Filters

1] Flash
2] Battery Grip
3] Camera's Lithium Battery
4] CF Card(s)

MANoj

1)2)3) YES

1] 2] 3] NO

4] YES

Everything that is listed goes in. The dry cabinet serves as a central repository for all my equipment, so any photo equipment that fits into the cabinet goes in (except the bag, tripod and other bulky items, of course).

Easier to access and do housekeeping. It's perfectly fine have your batteries and CF cards stored inside the dry cabinet.

Everything goes in except bag and tripod. This way, I don't have to search all ove the place looking for misplaced items.

Like Ah Pao said - "Central Depository"

I store my underwear inside too :bsmilie:

longkangman said:
Everything that can go into the dry cabinet except the battery do not know what will it give up(gas) or leak(liquid).

i out all my cam equipment in cabinet. even my cigars!

I store most of my cam equipment INCLUDING the lightsphere in my dry box only when I'm sure I wun be shooting for a period of time (like 2 or 3mths).

Most of the time, it will be in my camera bag.

If your dry cabi is big enough to put in all your stuff go ahead. Normally the important things are Camera body, Lens, filters. Flash and other not necessary.

Sometimes I wish I could just stay inside the drybox. Singapore's just too humid for me.

I even store my lens cleaning tissues & spectacles cleaning cloth in the dry box too. Cos this things easily to contain moisture or dust if it left outside.:) Think I'm :confused: :bsmilie: .

hazmee said:
Sometimes I wish I could just stay inside the drybox. Singapore's just too humid for me.

Yah, if we live in temperate country, no need to spend money on dry cabi at all. My thirsty hippo left in my wardrobe was full of water after 1 month.. :(.

dfstan said:
i out all my cam equipment in cabinet. even my cigars!

No, no , NO! Don't put your precious cigars into the dry cabinet. Cigars are meant to be stored at 70% RH whereas the dry cabinet drops it down to 40 - 55% RH. You'll dry out your cigars and when you smoke them, they'll burn too fast and heat up too,

It's not a SMOKESCREEN !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.