Do you PS much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Yo ppl,

Just a poll to see how mani of u actually like to do on ur photos with PS.

natnivek said:
How come I cannot vote?

There's a line that says "Voters 0. You may not vote in this poll" :dunno:

Oh. Heh. Because you not in CS for a mth plus. Inorder to vote, you must either in CS for a period of time(a mth, i reckon) and had 50 posts then you are eligible for voting. ;)

dont really know how to make full use of it yet,buy for normal usage it rox :)

I manage to vote... But sometimes i think PS do bring out the colour, cos the direct from FZ sometimes i do feel they are quite soft.

Maybe someday i should post the before and after for a 'spider' shot.

Cheers...

Dun have the program and dun want to buy. Too expensive. Lazy to edit photos too.

Using picasa 2 though for photo mangement and some tweaking. It rocks very easy to use.

but somehow i think PS like cheating on photography. altering the pictures that you shoot from the camera. dun know what you guys think.

zenesh said:
but somehow i think PS like cheating on photography. altering the pictures that you shoot from the camera. dun know what you guys think.

I used to think that way too. Until one day I read an article comparing PSing and darkroom. Both are postprocessing. That kinda convinced me otherwise. ;)

Yes and no. I sometimes deliberately underexpose shots and use PS to adjust accordingly after that.

i am not from panasonic camp but as for the question of post processing, usually what i do is use either use DPP for a quick touch up or use PS for a long, slow session of extreme effects ;)

Can see who is the one that voted. No i dun like PS or notz...??

dpp is canon's software: digital photo professional ;)

zenesh said:
Dun have the program and dun want to buy. Too expensive. Lazy to edit photos too.

The DSLR we have now is so different when compared to the film SLR. In the past with film SLR, we usually shoot and pray. Unless you own a darkroom, there is little control over the photo print, but not the case if the photo lab is kind enough to customise each and every photos for you.

But with DSLR, not only can we preview the photo on the spot, we can also pre-customise the settings (eg: WB, Saturation, Sharpness etc.) to your preference. To me this is a form of photo editing. Since editing involves altering the photo, is there an ethical issue whether it is done "pre" or "post" editing?

Personally, I prefer posting editing, b'cos I can concentrate in getting the photos with the desired exposure and WB, and sort out the rest with PS editing.

BTW, a number of digital printing labs that I've visited confirmed that they also edit the photos before they go for print. Hence to me, this is the same as PS editing, and the only difference is, one is done in your PC, while the other is done at the digital lab.

yes occassionally I PS my shots to bring out the colour of the photo ... and becos my photo skills still quite "Lan" ... haha

also use it to resize and crop

;)

i had been doing a lot of designing and stuff, so been using PS a great deal. and I believe those who uses PS a lot and knows PS's potential would be 'addicted' to using PS to enhance their work. it is like telling someone who is used to manual camera setting to use automatic ... ya noe?

a 0.000001 cent worth

:)

yep... i always PS my pics to bring out the best, be it color saturation, cropping or just applying some curves to bring out the best possible exposure. I believe that the skill of post-processing comes hand-in-hand with taking good photographs. A good photographer will be able to take the shot at the right angle and exposure, get it on the computer and tweak it till it's 'perfect' :)

snapsnap135 said:
I believe those who uses PS a lot and knows PS's potential would be 'addicted' to using PS to enhance their work.

:)

i agree. i too have been using ps for other graphic works. maybe the fact dat i know how to utilise photoshop also helps me in utilising it during post editing. maybe some folks who dun use ps to post edit is turned off by some of the functions or "learning curve" of photoshop.

ParkertR said:
yep... i always PS my pics to bring out the best, be it color saturation, cropping or just applying some curves to bring out the best possible exposure. I believe that the skill of post-processing comes hand-in-hand with taking good photographs

im currently reading Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers by Martin Evening. its a good in depth book on wat and how to use ps for photography retouching. juz borrowed from amk library
heheh ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.