Do you prefer to shoot alone or 2 or more?

Do you prefer to shoot alone or...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperio

Dec 7, 2008
Just doing some research if photographers do like to shoot alone or pair or in groups? For example portrait or events?

What are your views and opinions?:D

I think the more important thing here is the ratio of photographers to a model. Shoots that have more than two models with a short time frame of say 2 hours (ex the break) with a large ratio of say 6:1, for 2 models to me is just barely enough. If we extend the number of models with the same timing but an increase in the number of shooters as well, then it really defeats the purpose of taking a decent pic (I am not saying a good one but a decent one). The number of people trying to take a picture of the same model increases and the situation becomes worse if there is no crowd or situational control. This can happen esp if some of the photographers like one model more than the other and thus leading to a very large group jostling for space to take a picture of that model herself.

The above scenario is based on what I have read and seen in the photoshoot section. I am in no position to comment on how the various organisers control the shoot and what is model to photographer ratio as so far I have only attended Modelinn's shoots. But the reason why I do so is only because I am comfortable with the model to photographer ratio and it is only one model. So she has the focus.

Depends on situations...

If modeling shoot, I prefer up to a max of 2 photogs to 1 model... if street shooting, then it can depend as well... mebbe 2 to 3 or so...

Most cases, I shoot alone as it gives me more room to move about and not have to wait for ppl or find others gone missing.... :sweat: :bsmilie:

Lone wolf mentality...so best to shoot alone. You get more flaxible time and you can go where you want to without consulting anyone else. And you get around faster. But that's just me.

how does 1 tell a friend dunno go where, dunno how long, dunno shoot wad type of outing??! :bsmilie:

SOtONg s(HOOT)ers anyone? :bsmilie:

I like to shoot with a group of pretty girls. :lovegrin:

I like to shoot with a group of pretty girls. :lovegrin:

WIN!

Unfortunately stuff like that never happens to me ...
I prefer to shoot alone as a street photographer. 2 dudes on the street with Soggy Waffles (best censorship ever) camera pointing all over the place would make people turn their heads .... Nice effect maybe, but gets boring after awhile lol?

Alone. But not lonely!

Strangely dun feel like shooting much otherwise. :p

In pair. So you get to have a lunch buddy after the shoot and someone to share the joy or rants. Not to mention it is safer especially if you are visiting ulu places. Alone gives you the luxury of time however learning curve will be steep and gets tired go home earlier haha. In groups you will find yourself shooting same stuff. what we normally do is to travel in group and after shoot tcss but we split up at locations. ;)

Just doing some research if photographers do like to shoot alone or pair or in groups? For example portrait or events?

What are your views and opinions?:D
Portrait?
I prefer to shoot with me, myself and nobody else, paid or none paid.

events? depends the client is paying or afford to pay how many photographers.

shoot street photography alone is no good. If suddenly got robbers or gangsters want to hoot or snatch D3x how? :sweat:

Portraits, Street, Landscape, Travel -> Alone.

The ONLY time I shoot in groups is during Canon Photomarathon, as that is purely for fun with kakis :)

Shoot with a friend who dun shoot so that he can carry your equipments and refreshments. :sticktong

It is always good to shoot with someone who likes to joke. Brightened up your day and have an incredible excuse, don't have to blame the equipment or your own photography skill. Just blame it on the jokes.:bsmilie:

It is always good to shoot with someone who likes to joke. Brightened up your day and have an incredible excuse, don't have to blame the equipment or your own photography skill. Just blame it on the jokes.:bsmilie:

Sure that would be fun....if nothing to shoot. But if there is...better shaddup and stop being a bloody joker !! :devil::sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.