Do you prefer gloss or matt screen for photo editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat

Mar 5, 2005
Wonder if the type of screen affects the accuracy of photos displayed?
Which one is preferred and why?

I have 2 new mac that has reflective screens. I can say : it causes discomfort. Glaring to my eyes (especially in the afternoon) even after i get the a matt filter over it.

I prefer the matt and will go back to the matt if i can. For accuracy , there is no much difference to me. (There is some but small to me)

Last edited:

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
I have 2 new mac that has reflective screens. I can say : it causes discomfort. Glaring to my eyes (especially in the afternoon) even after i get the a matt filter over it.

I prefer the matt and will go back to the matt if i can. For accuracy , there is no much difference to me. (There is some but small to me)
The reason I started this poll was becos I just got a Macbook Pro and it has reflective screen too. Was trying to decide between getting a normal screen protector or matt/anti-glare one. I decided to get the matt filter as I too thought it would be glaring to my eyes if stared at for a long time. But I do like the look of graphics and movies on the glossy screen... looks more vibrant and contrasty. I think there must be some good reason that Apple chose to make their computers' screens glossy. Maybe because images have more punch.

Parka

Nov 18, 2005
Singapore, Singapore
plus.google.com
The only reason I'll get a reflective screen is if I can sell it at a higher price, which is never.

Luckily desktop monitors have more choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom