Do you need to drive that rush?

It's not that slow till I also fall asleep la. 60km/h on minor road also seem fast, some time hit 70km/h easily. I see bus faster than me, I shake head. No accident ok, got liao, all point fingers.

I went into a car park n if I still go as what I like, I might hit a toddler as the adult let him walk like no car. I horned at them then he faster pick him up as he also going opposite side n got cars coming.

But I still don't like to go town. ERP n parking can empty my cash card in minutes! Ha ha!

its really hard to teach others how to drive.
we have to use our own initiatives to judge,predict,assume...etc
can be fast then go faster,if not just drive slower afterall safety comes first..haha

its really hard to teach others how to drive.
we have to use our own initiatives to judge,predict,assume...etc
can be fast then go faster,if not just drive slower afterall safety comes first..haha

I at expressway, outer most jam at kje. A car turn out, motorcycle jams brake and also skid n about to fall but he cut into my lane after that n I horned at him. He should not get so close to the dotted line n since he is fast, might as well stays ahead of me in the first place. I see them passing me also scare. Really a good experience on driving last few days. Time for Ferrari driving next month at Italy!

don't be too particular about the speed you are driving at,but just keep to the slower lane and leave a safe but reasonable distant from vehicles infront will be good enough. driving too slow doesn't mean it is always safe.

best advice so far.
Usually I am not the type who like to drive very fast. I used to love going around 90+ on expressway (I can't say I go faster la...right, illegal) but now I am very mellow (or, maybe fuel is very expensive) so I just cruise along at 70 kmh. Left most lane though...but I still get tailgated by lorry, others. :(

best advice so far.
Usually I am not the type who like to drive very fast. I used to love going around 90+ on expressway (I can't say I go faster la...right, illegal) but now I am very mellow (or, maybe fuel is very expensive) so I just cruise along at 70 kmh. Left most lane though...but I still get tailgated by lorry, others. :(
Go with the flow, please. If you are too slow you will cause unnecessary overtaking by others. A lorry entering center lane at 70 (because you slowed him down) will be an obstacle in the center lane, causing people to jump to the right lane where the fast guys (>100) are rushing through. A common cause for accidents...

best advice so far.

When I want to filter, I will signal from behind the lorry, then accerate n goes into their lane n slow down after some distance. It's just nice to do like that. Just don't go into their lane, dangerous as they sudden brake, u might be sandwich!

Sorry, this is a bunch of lazy excuses and a very shortsighted and selfish behaviour (which I am guilty of sometimes as well). If you are in a congested city then speeding into the little space available is the least logical / reasonable thing to do.

I may have given a wrong impression that I advocate speeding. What I am trying to explain is that you cannot follow strictly to Highway Code in all situation. In minor road and it is congested, you cannot keep the car distance that will affect cars behind filtering left. Squeeze a bit and the lane will gets clear faster.

My instructor taught me to gently depress brake when approaching junction then accelerate slightly after passing it. Not sure if that's a common practice but i had actually avoided collisions because i do that sometimes. Don't see people doing that anyway.

No need to depress brakes at junction. Just let go yr accelerator pedal, and be prepared to brake anytime.

Another precaution which I took, look out for cyclist at pedestrian crossing when I making a turn. They can just dash out, esp at zebra or when the light is blinking. I look left/right a few times before close to the crossing.

Its against the law to ride across the zebra crossing, law minister mentioned that cyclist is suppose to get down the bike and walk across the zebra crossing.

Its against the law to ride across the zebra crossing, law minister mentioned that cyclist is suppose to get down the bike and walk across the zebra crossing.
Littering and jaywalking also illegal, yet many bochup. So what are you going to do if the cyclist dosen't dismount?

Affect a citizen's arrest? Call the police? Or K. Shanmugam? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
TS I do think its actually dangerous when you drink at a slower speed when everyone else is at an certain average speed?

Many times on expressway will find yourself suddenly close up too quickly to a vehicle. And this is without speeding..

What you guys tink?

It's just like cats vs rats. How many rats you can catch and ended, they just cycle across, without thinking of other safety. I even saw cyclist on road still cycle when red light, esp at T junction but if accident happened, the driver to be blame. :(

Really must have some rules/laws to protect the drivers if the cyclist over crowded and the driver not speeding. I doubt even got evidence from car camera, driver also wrong :( Even I turn and look on my right for a few times, I still about to hit a motorcyclist but he horned at me. I also wonder why he sees me, he should let me go into a safe distance before "fight" lane with me as I got a few blind spots!

TS I do think its actually dangerous when you drink at a slower speed when everyone else is at an certain average speed?

Many times on expressway will find yourself suddenly close up too quickly to a vehicle. And this is without speeding..

What you guys tink?

At minor road, of course slow but at expressway, I speed demon liao. But still within speed limit la ;p Unless I overtake, I might hit 110km/h but back to limited speed and center lane when done. :D

Really must have some rules/laws to protect the drivers if the cyclist over crowded and the driver not speeding.
I don't think it need more rules. Many drivers are already lost in the existing rules. Chapter 1 of German Road Traffic Act says: "Caution and mutually considerate behavior are expected from everyone." That's what is needed instead this silly shortsighted mindset of what is legal, who has right and other calls for protective rules. Right of way is a right, but you have no right to enforce it and run over the cyclist if he crosses and beats the red light. Enforcement is the job of TP. Always keep in mind: it could be a member of your family who dashes across the street. Do you prefer the car driver exercising his right of way?

Last edited:
I don't think it need more rules. Many drivers are already lost in the existing rules. Chapter 1 of German Road Traffic Act says: "Caution and mutually considerate behavior are expected from everyone." That's what is needed instead this silly shortsighted mindset of what is legal, who has right and other calls for protective rules. Right of way is a right, but you have no right to enforce it and run over the cyclist if he crosses and beats the red light. Enforcement is the job of TP. Always keep in mind: it could be a member of your family who dashes across the street. Do you prefer the car driver exercising his right of way?

I not saying the driver run over the cyclist even he got the right of way, but if he out of control or the cyclist happens to be in his blind spot, the driver will be blamed, not the cyclist. I do cycle on road but I still stop at red lights. Yes, I need more strength to start up but if the cyclist is lazy to do so, don't cycle at all. No one want to run over any one but if that person don't bothers/cares about their life, the driver also can't stop them and accident might happened.

I not saying the driver run over the cyclist even he got the right of way, but if he out of control or the cyclist happens to be in his blind spot, the driver will be blamed, not the cyclist.
Based on what do you make this assumption? What 'out of control' situation should that be? Do you recall your driving lessons and the topic of blind spots?
Stop putting excuses together or making funky assumptions. Start acting responsibly and give a good example.

Littering and jaywalking also illegal, yet many bochup.

Happened to Taxi driver before, he looked left and right before moving on zebra crossing and out of sudden a ebike rider dashed across the zebra crossing and was knocked down by the taxi. Although rider was mildly injured but still can get up, taxi uncle called the police to settle it. Police came and mentioned that the taxi uncle was not in the wrong, cyclist should dismount whenever crossing pedestrian crossings.

So what are you going to do if the cyclist dosen't dismount?

Easy, either don't get caught or don't get into an accident.

Based on what do you make this assumption? What 'out of control' situation should that be? Do you recall your driving lessons and the topic of blind spots?
Stop putting excuses together or making funky assumptions. Start acting responsibly and give a good example.

While I was learning driving, I ever encounter that while making a right turn, a boy just dash out of no where and I can't see him due to the left car frame blocked my view. But my instructor able to see him and jam brakes else I might hit him even I am slow.

For out of control, it's just like while you turning right at T junction, the vehicle on your right, forced you to move more to your left. If a cyclist happens to go ahead even it's red on his side, the car which you driving might (mostly will) hit him. So, who is at fault if that happens to you? Will you still be responsible of what you did even the cyclist at wrong? :think: