Do you need a neckstrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So both neck strap and hand strap is useful?

I find the neck strap abit clumsy but it does helps when your hands are full like with covers and bags and stuff.

What does the pros think then?

A sweat soaked strap is a great source of moisture :)
0.o

Sick!

I always use neckstrap, even for my measly H2.. Scared drop mar, very clumsy. Sometimes even on tripod also leave it on my neck. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Cathay photo peninsula. Ask for discount. It is around 50% discount.

Regards,
Arto.

Dun wanna get ripped off when I do get the neckstrap.. do you mind posting the price you paid for your neck strap at CP?

Cheers,
Andrew

I have been using these from Perly. Made from Neoprene material, it really reduces the strain. :)

I find myself using the neckstrap a lot but especially when I'm sweating, it will cause a "burn" around my neck.

So will these 3rd-party neckstraps help?

Other than afraid of dropping equipment and reduce strain, I can never manage to have a quick pee around the bush without a neck strap! :devil:

Other than afraid of dropping equipment and reduce strain, I can never manage to have a quick pee around the bush without a neck strap! :devil:

sure makes u feel more secure doesn't it? :p :lovegrin:

gd for carrying ard when not shooting. my hand feel tired after carrying a while lol

i use a neckstrap... it's easier like u said, when ur hands are full, or u need to take something... imagine u're using hand strap and u need both hands to do something... it gets really troublesome... having the weight of the camera on ur hand all the time can also tire it out...

and i use a batt grip, so the handstrap won't make sense coz i can't change my holding position easily....

that said, a neckstrap can really get in the way.. like when i'm shooting vertical the strap sometimes falls over my viewfinder and i have to shake it away before i can shoot.. or it can get caught by other things.. but i guess that takes getting used too...

I am using both, the neck strap and Wrist-grip.

LotusFairy.jpg

I find myself using the neckstrap a lot but especially when I'm sweating, it will cause a "burn" around my neck.

So will these 3rd-party neckstraps help?

Yup, same for me...

I find those from Perly/Martin :thumbsup: . No "burning" experiences.

I am using both, the neck strap and Wrist-grip.

LotusFairy.jpg

You or your Garfield? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Notice that you're also using those from Martin. How's your experiences with it? :)

has anyone used both martin and optech neckstraps?

i'd like to know whether there's any difference in the quality and comfort levels.....

has anyone used both martin and optech neckstraps?

i'd like to know whether there's any difference in the quality and comfort levels.....

Saw the thickness / broadness of the optech, and I din like it liao. I still prefer the Martin as it is not as broad. Maybe those using optech can share their experiences. :D

actually both same same..soft soft and comfy around my neck..

price for matin and optech neckstrap: same same $20

for the grip, mine t is definitely cheaper ($20 and thin and not so complicated) than the Nikon one ($102).

:heart:

I went from Optech to Matin and finally found the perfect strap which I love and enjoy using:

446507.jpg

Beyond comfortable, got small little pouches at the side of the strap to store SD/CF cards plus AA batteries, what more can one ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.