do you miss iso50 or in some cases iso100?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Will iso50 ever make a comeback i wonder?

I would like the best of both worlds, but if I had to choose between not having ISO100 and not having low noise high ISO option, I would rather not have ISO100.

I thot the trend is to have a base Iso tat's fast enough yet have minimal noise...:D

And I agree with Wildcat...I wud choose the latter anytime...

Same here, love the highlight tone priority function. But having iso 50 would be great on those times when my camera is tripod mounted with long exposures.

I recall reading before about how cameras actually don't deliver much benefit from being used below their base ISO. Anyone know anything about this? Or what the base iso on my 500D is?

Canon still have ISO 100 if you don't set High Tone to on.... but don't remember seeing ISO 50 on any of my DSLR.... maybe for high end model. :think:

Canon still have ISO 100 if you don't set High Tone to on.... but don't remember seeing ISO 50 on any of my DSLR.... maybe for high end model. :think:

All 5D and 1D/1Ds series provide iso 50

that's why it is not a toy camera -joking- :bsmilie:

Sometimes,
I'm using iso 50 in very rare situations, ussually outdoor

Last edited:
Canon 5D II has ISO 50. Just turn off the highlight tone priority and you can go to L.

Sometimes,

my 400D can also go iso50 too! so it's on par with the xD series?!? :)
but it's actually a firmware hack, so not sure if it is the same effectiveness...

Canon 5D II has ISO 50. Just turn off the highlight tone priority and you can go to L.

Sometimes,

iso50 on base iso100 sensor is just iso100 picture dialed down one stop.

you lose one stop of highlight DR, not gain it, so big deal....... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I get ISO 100 and extra dynamic range from the Fuji S5 :)

I love ISO 50 on my 5D. Perfectly noise-free images with immaculate image quality and dynamic range.
Oh and not to forget the "free 1-stop ND filter" that comes built into the camera :)