Do you love to eat durian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Love It or Hate It!
If you love it, which is your favourite?
I personally love those from Thailand. Yellow/orangy coloured meat, sweet/bitter mix with very small seeds. Yum~.
Pity that those available everywhere are mainly from Malaysia but they taste pretty good though. :)

thought thailand ones have more meat but less "flavour"? I like those from Pahang. very thick flavour with small seeds.

Yes! I love those from Malaysia, yellow and sweet! Had some last week, just outside Sim Lim Square (at the back), but too sweet......managed to finish one fruit......

HS

you have to try the durian from the philippines!

Hate it!

Me and another colleague used to take refuge in the NOC(s) when some idiot brings durians to office.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Dunno y... i think i got phobia after eating 1 bad 1 during childhood.. so now no more durians...
I still remember during my childhood, eating durian have to looks out for worms. :eek: The elders will say, "Got worms means good durian".

I hate it when young, ok with it when teenage but nowadays, hardly eat. Smell of durian still ok to me but don't know why, I didn't like fruit that much ;p

Sion said:
So someone wants to starts a blog about Durian Party Guy?
:eek: since you've suggested it, you should start it. ;p

Drudkh said:
I still remember during my childhood, eating durian have to looks out for worms. :eek: The elders will say, "Got worms means good durian".

yup... that's what people say lah. kinda funny don't you think?

anyway, i just had some straight from the orchard in penang. used to eat a lot during childhood period... now it's like, have also eat, don't have also never mind.

love it !! esp from the shop in front of Emi cake along upper serangoon road, highly recommended !!

Have durian with my friend at Geylang last week, now price is as low as $0.50. We order 3pcs for $20 and choose 4pcs $0.50 durian and found that the $0.50 is better than the $20 one. Bitter meat is the best. Can't finish the durian and bought home to make Durian mousse cake yesterday, yummy........ plannig to make another mousse cake this weekend.

Like durians, but I don't have any particular taste buds for Thailand or Malaysia one.

Durian = Durian. Eat down, burp and u shit it out which eventually goes into the sea as sewage.

Dat's me. Delicacies are all wasted on me. :D

lovells19 said:
my fave durians are from my camp.. picked a whole rover full of them.

they taste better then any of the those i ever had outside

Becos it's free wat....

free stuff always taste better.

The only ones that taste better then free ones are.....

those stolen ones... .... ha ha ha... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

its the same as kisses ma...

especially if its tastes bitter...largi best. :thumbsup:

chickenrat said:
Have durian with my friend at Geylang last week, now price is as low as $0.50. We order 3pcs for $20 and choose 4pcs $0.50 durian and found that the $0.50 is better than the $20 one. Bitter meat is the best. Can't finish the durian and bought home to make Durian mousse cake yesterday, yummy........ plannig to make another mousse cake this weekend.
you just reminded me, anyone else find that Angie's Choice durian puff no longer taste like they used to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.