Do You Like Channel 8 - The Little Nyonya ?

Do You Like Channel 8 - The Little Nyonya 小娘惹?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
Do You Like Channel 8 - The Little Nyonya 小娘惹?

My wife said she like it ONLY if it has a GOOD ending... Haha.:sweat:

Medicorp shows where got sad ending one?

too many "unexplained phenomena" for me with this show. its Little Nonya X-files to me :bsmilie:

1) mother Juxiang and daughter Yuniang were thrown off the cruiser in the open sea.
without a float or even a piece of wood, the two not only didn't drown by drifted
to the shore near each other.
2) then they can figure out they way back to singapore
3) when Juxiang died, Yuniang knows how to go to Malacca all by herself
and found her grandmother.
4) Yuniang was thrown into the well and survive one night there.

sure there are more.

and the sad story of Juxiang basically repeats on Yuniang. Think they can make it 1000 episode one by applying the same to Yuniang's daughter down to her great great great great great great great great great great great grand daughter :bsmilie:

Medicorp shows where got sad ending one?

All predictable one... no one got heart attack yet? Lets see if later got a character have heart attack den suddenly a few relationships get patched up, people get closer cos of this.

Got people take revenge yet? See if there would be later... Got people die trying to save loved one? See if it would happen later...

In the end? 90% of the time would be all is well, as if nothing happened, happy ending. :bsmilie:

All predictable one... no one got heart attack yet? Lets see if later got a character have heart attack den suddenly a few relationships get patched up, people get closer cos of this.

Got people take revenge yet? See if there would be later... Got people die trying to save loved one? See if it would happen later...

In the end? 90% of the time would be all is well, as if nothing happened, happy ending. :bsmilie:

Or maybe its happy BECAUSE it ended. :)

Totally dun watch. It's content very hard to explain to the kids.

i like to the actor 'Xi-er'. what is his real name? he had done a few local movies like 881, very natural and talented. in a way, i watched the drama partly because of his acting... :)

i like to the actor 'Xi-er'. what is his real name? he had done a few local movies like 881, very natural and talented. in a way, i watched the drama partly because of his acting... :)

Qi Yu Wu?

I just find it a bit funny that nonya can jiang hua yi so well.

well, you don't slam jap animes when all the blondes and whatever colored hair speaks in japs as if its their mother tongue rite... and only aliens speak foreign languages...

so same here... treat it as a built in voice translator... like adam sandler's remote...

I don't like 小娘惹

but i like 欧萱 :lovegrin:

Luckily they speak Mandarin else I will vomit blood if they speak malay. Pierre sang "Pantun" like reading from text book. Should use some of the real Bibik and Babas to act.

No choice, my wife, mom and daughter like to watch so have to watch with them.

Luckily they speak Mandarin else I will vomit blood if they speak malay. Pierre sang "Pantun" like reading from text book. Should use some of the real Bibik and Babas to act.

No choice, my wife, mom and daughter like to watch so have to watch with them.
No Choice??? :dunno:Vomit blood??? You mean you have heard them speak???

This show really tests the sanity of the audience .... :cry:
Watch it only if you like the Nyonya architectures (i believe mostly in Malacca), the dresses and of course Jeanette Aw:heart:

dun like the show... i watched like 2-3 episodes.... ended up switching channels or reading the newspaper eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.