Do you leave your circular polariser on the lens all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah lao bro,

cool down lah. i am asking for opinion only leh. anyway, I also seldom use PL. seems like most of you don't use one too and PL is not that cheap also.

it would be nice to phrase things amiably, esp for a newbie.

yah, that's the point you got it. handling. and any other methods require handling, be it CPL, ND, GND. light loss and undesirable exposure distribution are main hold back factors other than handling. the same goes with tripod - handling.

Maybe u can try getting the Cir Pol from Cokin that allows u to just slot in and out of the holder. U can leave the holder on / use the holder for other filters. Cheap and convinient to use.

danger of getting it dirty is higher.

Oh well, can't always have the best of both worlds ...

At least dirty can just quickly use blower / cloth to clean, rather than screw on / off and risk dropping Cir pol like wat TS mentioned.

Hmm ... maybe quickly slot in the Cokin Cir pol, take the shot then keep the Cir pol back ?

I'm not afraid to say i used to mount my CPL on most on the time last time. But hey, over the time i realised that things aren't working out. A few examples here. 1, i wanted to achieve a very nice backgrd colour; so thought that having the CPL on always would help but sadly i do achieve the nice backgrd colour, but the emotions in the pic is lost with the main subject either shifted his attention or the expression i wanted to capture was gone. 2. I went for my very miaden trip to shoot fasion shows, the colours were nice, but my lens worked too slowly to capture moments that were deemed award winning i would say. haha i think these 2 reasons would be gd enff to convince you not to leave it on but to leave it aside unless u have lens specially for landscape and i would say leave the CPL there. Else take it off... Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.