Do you know where to get Sewing Machine in good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haze

Aug 16, 2005
I want to buy a sewing machine. Those simple kind. budget below$150.
Do you know where can i get a brand new one at this price?

visit Freddy Sewing Machine at Blk 930 Yishun Central 1. they carry few brands. they have used ones occasionally.

Haze said:
I want to buy a sewing machine. Those simple kind. budget below$150.
Do you know where can i get a brand new one at this price?

you want to learn sewing as a hobby?

ya lor... i always want to learn sewing.
Now realise i have 6 skirts (just bought from bangkok) cannot wear.
I like them so much so want to alter and see if can wear ;P
can you sew? teach me leh :p

sewing is a useful skill to acquire.

Haze said:

It's alway cheaper to get those aunty store at the wet market to do it. You may need to get a better machine to do professional alteration.

Haze said:

I had an "F' for home economics :sweat:
how to teach u?:bsmilie:

Haze said:

i was taught sewing in my diploma, practice with it for 3 months before i could get the hang of it, was using the sewing machine actively for 4 years the industrial ypes (professional). I say its not an easy skill to enquire, some my my seamtress sews worse than me. Better to send of to Far East Shopping centre to repair/alter your garments.

i'm not a steamter anymore, sold off my gear and using a computer and mouse and a camera to earn my living.

insignificant.i said:
I had an "F' for home economics :sweat:
how to teach u?:bsmilie:

I think i got a "B" during sec school ^^.. but my baking skill is suxk. lately i tried to bake 3 times.. all failed.. now my new oven is laying on top of the shelf -,.-

Belle&Sebastain said:
i was taught sewing in my diploma, practice with it for 3 months before i could get the hang of it, was using the sewing machine actively for 4 years the industrial ypes (professional). I say its not an easy skill to enquire, some my my seamtress sews worse than me. Better to send of to Far East Shopping centre to repair/alter your garments.

i'm not a steamter anymore, sold off my gear and using a computer and mouse and a camera to earn my living.

huh my skirts cost $10 only.. send to fast east include bus fare and alteration charges.. will cost $10 liao ;o

actually hor.. buy also can let my mother in law use.. that day i ask her to alter a skirt for me.. who know the sewing machine spoilt liao she use hand to sew.. so nice of her. if i get a new one, can get her to sew curtain for me kekeke:bsmilie:

wad brand is gd?

i bought 1 Singer (at $400) 4 my mum but if bulb spoil den cant use.:sticktong

any 1 using Toyota, Juki, Jerome, etc?

sORe-EyEz said:
wad brand is gd?

huh? Sewing machine have bulb? I just now went to court.. saw a SINGER sewing machine too.. model is 1116, the sales lady said usual price is $599 now is $299 very worth to buy.
Can i know what Bulb is that?

Haze said:
I just now went to court.. saw a SINGER sewing machine too.. model is 1116, the sales lady said usual price is $599 now is $299 very worth to buy.

Why don't you organise an MO for sewing machines? There appear to be a lot of SNAGs on this board who might like to sew or learn how to ;-)

since young i been trained to use those manual sewing machine, tried on those modern type too. if you are really free, they are easy to learn and fun to use :)

often i see them lying around at Cash Converters a cheap price. you may like to check out one. don't worry, cash converters only take in working units thus selling a working one too!

kahheng said:
Why don't you organise an MO for sewing machines? There appear to be a lot of SNAGs on this board who might like to sew or learn how to ;-)

:embrass: is this a joke?

dominator said:
since young i been trained to use those manual sewing machine, tried on those modern type too. if you are really free, they are easy to learn and fun to use :)

often i see them lying around at Cash Converters a cheap price. you may like to check out one. don't worry, cash converters only take in working units thus selling a working one too!

Really.. u must be good in that. I heard of Cash Converter. But I have a very bad mindset :( i don't like second hand thing. -.,-... The lady from Courts (near my home) said if i buy from her.. i can go back anytime to ask her about the sewing.. she said as long as i want to learn will teach me. Sound good right.. i have 6 skirts to amend.. can bring one by one to ask her :p

i used a Jarnome(not exact spelling).

sORe-EyEz said:
wad brand is gd?

bulb is for lighting up the needle/sewing area.

Haze said:
huh? Sewing machine have bulb? I just now went to court.. saw a SINGER sewing machine too.. model is 1116, the sales lady said usual price is $599 now is $299 very worth to buy.
Can i know what Bulb is that?

Haze said:
Really.. u must be good in that. I heard of Cash Converter. But I have a very bad mindset :( i don't like second hand thing. -.,-... The lady from Courts (near my home) said if i buy from her.. i can go back anytime to ask her about the sewing.. she said as long as i want to learn will teach me. Sound good right.. i have 6 skirts to amend.. can bring one by one to ask her :p

Hmm, why don't you send your mother-in-law for the lessons instead? Wasn't it your plan to make her use the sewing machine for you? kekekeke (No wonder there are all these stories about daughter-in-laws) :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.