Do you know what are you taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JillValentine

May 5, 2007
Kembangan
I tried some photoshoots in some ceremonies but I found that it's quite meaningless as I dunno what the groups are doing. I just shoot. Do you guys read up beforehand what the ceremony is about before shooting?

It always helps to have some prior info so that you can anticipate the "exciting" bits of the event. If you are into photojournalism, then all the more you need to research on your shoot.

n look for topics in forums and read up for additional information.. n talk to ppl to gather more information would b better..

I tried some photoshoots in some ceremonies but I found that it's quite meaningless as I dunno what the groups are doing. I just shoot. Do you guys read up beforehand what the ceremony is about before shooting?

There are 2 types of photography, one for documentation, the other for artistic expression.

Documentation is like how CID takes pictures of evidence, or TP take pictures of cars going into bus lanes during peak hours.. You don't need to be a photographer, just need to know how to operate the camera and 'click'.

To take pictures with an artistic expression, you will need to know how best you can tell the story with just one image. It goes without saying, you will need to know the subject and the subject matter. You will need to know aesthetics, how best you can make the picture tell a story as well as look pleasing. You need to know when is the crucial moment to release the shutter. In short, how to make the picture a piece of art. You will not be able to do so if you don't know what you're shooting.

You choose... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.