Do you keep external hdd in dry cabinet?

Do you keep external hdd in dry cabinet?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
Is it good to keep ext. hdd in dry cabinet?
Will it lessen chances of hdd failure?? :dunno:
How many of you keep your hdd in your dry cabinet?

i dont think HDD will grow mouldy.. :bsmilie:

I thinking of converting one of my room into a huge dry cabinet and bump whatever i think should be in there to be there. What you think???

:bsmilie::bsmilie:Just joking.

Dun have to worry so much if not you will think of having you desktop inside soon.

I thought the hard disk got lubricant for the disk arm to move? Dried up, then spoilt how? :sweat:

I put my cat in a dry cabinet.

Will you cat get thirsty easily??? Then you have to keep putting water inside the RH% will rise faster. How??:sweat:

Use my Ext HDD quite often.... no point keep inside dry cabinate :sweat:

Electronic items will not get mouldy if use often.

I seen lens keep in dry cabinet for 4 yrs (never step out) also get fungus.

if you want to keep external dry cabinet then might as well keep your computer inside also right? :dunno:

if you want to keep external dry cabinet then might as well keep your computer inside also right? :dunno:

hmm good idea leh...

better still, built the system inside the dry cabinet, then use flexible conduits to run cable to monitor and mouse, then monitor enclosed in a transparent dry box with non reflective glass panel, multi coated. then access the mouse and keyboard via 2 glove compartments like this...

800px-Glovebox.jpg

Dryness and static not good for Hdd right?

hmm good idea leh...

better still, built the system inside the dry cabinet, then use flexible conduits to run cable to monitor and mouse, then monitor enclosed in a transparent dry box with non reflective glass panel, multi coated. then access the mouse and keyboard via 2 glove compartments like this...

800px-Glovebox.jpg

Wow:bigeyes:But this thing have a lot of metal parts...will it get rusty due to singapore high %RH. Better get a dry cabinet for it. Anyone know to to get one big enough for it???

why don't we build a house that takes after a dry cabinet?
don't need to worry about humidity...
it'll be cool to wake up all shriveled the next morning though

can put..i put a slab of pork injected with brine..40 days later became ham. just in time for christmas too!

i put pork inside for a year......just nice ready as bak kwa during CNY.

why don't we build a house that takes after a dry cabinet?
don't need to worry about humidity...
it'll be cool to wake up all shriveled the next morning though

Migration to another "cooler" country may be a cheaper solution.... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.