Do you keep chemicals in fridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo

May 6, 2002
Woodlands
Normally people keep opened chemicals (eg. developer) in fridge. Is it necessary? I just put in to be safe.

Read from the other threads that the chemicals may evaporate, and you may fall sick from eating the food that's inside it...

not in the same fridge as the one i put my food in. developing chemicals are hazardous to health, even in vapour form.

simple chemistry / biology

the lower the temperature, the less likelyhood of your chemicals reaching its shelf life that fast...the longer it last, the more u can develop over a period of time

i suggest rodinal yes...

anything that has been reconstituted, put into a fridge.

including papers

cheers

PL

SNAG said:
Read from the other threads that the chemicals may evaporate, and you may fall sick from eating the food that's inside it...

If they are in properly air tight containers they won't evaporate. I've stored various chemicals in my food fridge for years on and off but only when the darkroom fridge is full.

.. I strongly against storing your chemicals in the same fridge...

gc2105 said:
what about film, is it safe to store in the fridge (vege compartment)?

Should be safe in the vege compartment as long as still in the original cannisters. I've got a few rolls lost in the vege compartment for 15 years and recently found again. B/w still usuable but slightly fogged.

Ansel said:
Should be safe in the vege compartment as long as still in the original cannisters. I've got a few rolls lost in the vege compartment for 15 years and recently found again. B/w still usuable but slightly fogged.
I'm amazed. Not that the film is still usable....but your freaking fridge is still working after 15 years?!!!! :bigeyes:
Worse still...you never clean the vege compartment for that long?!!!! :faint:

Newman said:
I'm amazed. Not that the film is still usable....but your freaking fridge is still working after 15 years?!!!! :bigeyes:
Worse still...you never clean the vege compartment for that long?!!!! :faint:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.