Do you jaywalk?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#1
Felt that alot of ppl really like to jaywalk and try to compete with oncoming vehicles... along my place, there is currently 1 billboard citing an accident involving a pedestrain & vehicle... and most would say, the vehicle is at fault...

But yesterday i was on the same road & i nearly score a turkey...

As it was a single direction 4 lane traffic with 1 additional bus stop with a lane (make it 5), the traffic light was further down, and i was driving down, i nearly knock down a group of ppl, scattering over the road... and while my car was moving closer they dash from my right towards the bus stop on the left, and some was standing in the middle of the road. and most happening one was 1 chinese man actually made me do a complete stop nearly causing an accident behind me, and when i stop, he just dashed to the next lane without looking, i was driving a van last night, and visibility for him would be low, its lucky the lane to my left was empty at the moment, else he would be 1 sorry soul on the road...

can't understand y, the billboard was just right prominently there... and they could just dash out & repeat the same story again...
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,816
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
#2
I do that all the time, but from your description, it seems that is an expressway!

No way I'm going to cross such a wide road like that! :eek:
 

KNIGHT ONG

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
5,792
1
38
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
#3
I jaywalk every night .. intermititently get out of bed and walk around the house looking for food or water or wc :sweatsm: .. after that go back to sleep ... :bsmilie:
 

melvin

Senior Member
Jun 4, 2005
2,681
0
0
43
TPY
#6
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Felt that alot of ppl really like to jaywalk and try to compete with oncoming vehicles... along my place, there is currently 1 billboard citing an accident involving a pedestrain & vehicle... and most would say, the vehicle is at fault...

But yesterday i was on the same road & i nearly score a turkey...

As it was a single direction 4 lane traffic with 1 additional bus stop with a lane (make it 5), the traffic light was further down, and i was driving down, i nearly knock down a group of ppl, scattering over the road... and while my car was moving closer they dash from my right towards the bus stop on the left, and some was standing in the middle of the road. and most happening one was 1 chinese man actually made me do a complete stop nearly causing an accident behind me, and when i stop, he just dashed to the next lane without looking, i was driving a van last night, and visibility for him would be low, its lucky the lane to my left was empty at the moment, else he would be 1 sorry soul on the road...

can't understand y, the billboard was just right prominently there... and they could just dash out & repeat the same story again...
Wow... thats dangerous!

Maybe if the traffic police starts to catch n fine ppl for jay walking that might solved the problems.(like they do so in other country)

As jay walking is endangering every road user on the road!

So pls try not to jay walk!:)
 

#9
KNIGHT ONG said:
I jaywalk every night .. intermititently get out of bed and walk around the house looking for food or water or wc :sweatsm: .. after that go back to sleep ... :bsmilie:
Have you met a girl who wanted to do TFCD in your sleep walk?

Please decline such offer as it often turns out to be TFYS (Time for Your Soul). :bsmilie:
 

#10
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Felt that alot of ppl really like to jaywalk and try to compete with oncoming vehicles... along my place, there is currently 1 billboard citing an accident involving a pedestrain & vehicle... and most would say, the vehicle is at fault...

But yesterday i was on the same road & i nearly score a turkey...

As it was a single direction 4 lane traffic with 1 additional bus stop with a lane (make it 5), the traffic light was further down, and i was driving down, i nearly knock down a group of ppl, scattering over the road... and while my car was moving closer they dash from my right towards the bus stop on the left, and some was standing in the middle of the road. and most happening one was 1 chinese man actually made me do a complete stop nearly causing an accident behind me, and when i stop, he just dashed to the next lane without looking, i was driving a van last night, and visibility for him would be low, its lucky the lane to my left was empty at the moment, else he would be 1 sorry soul on the road...

can't understand y, the billboard was just right prominently there... and they could just dash out & repeat the same story again...
Please remember that in Singapore pedestrains own the road and cars are just incidentals. :bsmilie:
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#11
Sion said:
Have you met a girl who wanted to do TFCD in your sleep walk?

Please decline such offer as it often turns out to be TFYS (Time for Your Soul). :bsmilie:
who knows.. maybe he might end up with an alternative shooting session then keep giving complaining to her about his white balance problem... :bsmilie:
 

Benign

Senior Member
Jan 30, 2004
494
0
0
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
#13
Your name is Micheal, den your last name is Jack... Ass issit?

What happened? He invited you to his mansion.......... :faint:

Now, fact is fact. According to Wikipedia :bsmilie:

Origin
Although when most people think of the moonwalk they think of the signature Michael Jackson move, a variation of the modern-day moonwalk was invented by Cooley Jackson (who calls it the "backslide"), a former cast member of Solid Gold. Jackson tweaked it in time for the Motown 25, where he debuted it during his famous "Billie Jean" routine. The move is based on a classic Jean-Louis Barrault Pantomime exercise "Walking" (as featured in the 1945 film Children of Paradise) with some of the Pantomimes de Style technique Marche Contre Le Vent (developed by Marcel Marceau in the 1950s) thrown in.
 

Geckorian

New Member
Feb 10, 2004
88
0
0
#14
Ehh most of the time lah. But I'll try not to on those really big busy roads. I know drivers hate jaywalkers coz they have to siam them :bsmilie: But jaywalking is an art loh, the way I see some ppl jaywalk sibei steady one loh!:embrass:
 

Ola

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2005
820
0
0
Hougang
#15
Do anythings you want but don't get caught. ;)
 

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
3,068
0
0
52
#18
Of course I do, especially when I am in a hurry. Always on a lookout for "aunties and uncles" hidding behind bushes, trees or pillars.
I must confess that I almost got caught once near Great World City. I stepped on my emergency brakes when I saw an aunty popped her head out from behind one of the white pillars, and immediately went back to the pedestrian pavement pretending nothing had happened.
 

Aug 16, 2005
3,157
0
0
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
#19
I only jaywalk when I feel that the road is safe enough.Like a two lane wide road, which not many cars use.Other than that, its either the Zebra, Overhead bridge or underpass.
 

fWord

Senior Member
Jun 23, 2005
3,350
0
0
35
Melbourne, Australia
#20
Yes, but only for small roads, and only overseas. In Singapore, not only are the pedestrains dangerous...those driving the nice big cars are deadly as well.

Can't tolerate some of these idiots here. They've got great big cars, but they're seriously lacking in their road manners.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom