Do you hood all your lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammie

Jun 29, 2004
Tiong Bahru
L lens got hoods, but some consumer does not come with one. Original hood dun come cheap, but do you still do it with 3rd party hood. Using EJ-83 save my 24105 lot of time.

Last edited:
L lens got hoods, but some consumer does not come with one. Original hood dun come cheap, but do you still do it with 3rd party hood. Using EJ-83 save my 24105 lot of time.

all my lens come with hoods....and i usually use them.....

I bring mine along and use it only for harsh sunlight conditions..well i guess it's because of the small one that comes along with my lens' that i managed to squeeze it inside my shoulder bag :bsmilie:

I bring mine along and use it only for harsh sunlight conditions..well i guess it's because of the small one that comes along with my lens' that i managed to squeeze it inside my shoulder bag :bsmilie:

u squeeze it in?
usually i will reverse-mount my hood onto my lens and packed it in...
when using, i will mount it....dun wanna let stray light in...

u squeeze it in?
usually i will reverse-mount my hood onto my lens and packed it in...
when using, i will mount it....dun wanna let stray light in...

To one of the pouch i mean. Yea, the hood can be reversed-mounted but it(the lens)'ll look quite awful looking after that :sticktong, so i opted not instead.

For me I find mounting it all the time quite inpractical, at least for now because i use the built in flash which the hood would then obstruct. And there's issue of W&T because the hood mount on both lens body and hood itself is plastic, and that can degrade with repeated friction. For stray lights, i think i'll sort it out in PP?

Last edited:
Stopped using hoods on certain lenses... lazy to put them on.

... For stray lights, i think i'll sort it out in PP?

I can foresee you will have some fun trying to fix the next streak of lens flare that goes across 2/3 of the frame :bsmilie:

Some of the HQ lens don't flare so easily for example the 24-70 f2.8 so i don't put if I don't want so much attention. If going outdoor in the daytime, will consider putting if I have space to slot it in.

Lens Hoods ... Hmm, I dun believe in subjecting my lenses to a life of organised crime. :bsmilie:

Lens Hoods ... Hmm, I dun believe in subjecting my lenses to a life of organised crime. :bsmilie:

Hmmmm organised eh? Sometimes, I think they are quite disorganised... haha

Hardly unless it is inbuilt
Just have to be abit more careful

Ryan

I can foresee you will have some fun trying to fix the next streak of lens flare that goes across 2/3 of the frame :bsmilie:

Haha.. either way, the 17-40's hood is known to be almost useless for APS-C crop so installing it wouldnt make much difference :bsmilie:

Consider doing this...

00GgUd-30183784.jpg

Present moment, am using 17-55 hood for my 24-105... no vignetting at 24mm on 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.