Do you have the same thoughts?

Do you guys have this feeling that the more you shoot, there are lesser things that really gives you that urge to pick up your camera and shoot? Still remembering the days when I started photography, almost every single thing that was around me ignite my passion to shoot. But now, I begin to become rather picky when it comes to the things I shoot. I am not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Do you guys also feel that after shooting for a while, your skills kinda remain stagnant?

Do you guys have this feeling that the more you shoot, there are lesser things that really gives you that urge to pick up your camera and shoot? Still remembering the days when I started photography, almost every single thing that was around me ignite my passion to shoot. But now, I begin to become rather picky when it comes to the things I shoot. I am not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

nothing wrong with knowing yourself better.

if everything ignites your passion, there is something wrong. that's like saying that every girl around you should be dateable to you.

shoot what makes you happy. shoot what excites you. the initial "everything excites me" was possibly just a honeymoon phase with photography where everything is wonderful, everything is fun, everything is new. after the dust settles, you can't possibly be interested in shooting everything. not that you ONLY have to shoot these things, but there is definitely a preference. i'm sure you know what i mean.

After shooting for the past 35 years, I have shot everything I wanted to shoot at, there is nothing to shoot for me anymore, I can now die peacefully..........

Do you guys also feel that after shooting for a while, your skills kinda remain stagnant?

Hello, chikubang. I like your question.
I would like to ask what do you have in mind, that could perhaps draw you out from this malaise and to spur you further?

For me is, too many things I wanted to shoot, but have too little time.

After shooting for the past 35 years, I have shot everything I wanted to shoot at, there is nothing to shoot for me anymore, I can now die peacefully..........

For me is, too many things I wanted to shoot, but have too little time.
have so many things I have not start shooting yet....... :embrass:

Photography is pretty much subjective. What you like may not be what others may view as something beautiful. So it's very hard to guage how much you actually improve after shooting for so many years like some of the guys here did.

Photography is pretty much subjective. What you like may not be what others may view as something beautiful. So it's very hard to guage how much you actually improve after shooting for so many years like some of the guys here did.

Why ask others when you already got the answer for yourself?

after shooting for some time, your eyes will learn what is good photography, but the skill may not catch up with the eyes yet.
the only way to match the hands with the eyes is work hard and be humble.

I just learn 2 things:
I can set the Flash off temporary on my preview button, by doing so I can take a photo to check the ambient light.

Secondly, if I forget to reset the compensation, it will affect the flash power when I change to manual mode.

same here sometimes i dont have the urge to shoot but i'll keep on shooting the same subject.guess what i found?i it helps me to improve because if im tired shooting on style/angle/perspective, i ask myself why dont try different approach.then it opens me in diff perspective. then i also try diff pp
for me its good to be picky on the subject because at least i can pay more attention and devote my time shooting it..

about remain stagnant?partially yes especially some of my portraits shoot:embrass:
that's why i'll try another subject to keep the flame burning:lovegrin:

and last if im really lazy to shoot, i'm browsing photos here to learn something or find something new that will interest me:)

Maybe examine what genre you have been shooting so far. Now, do a different genre. Maybe you've done landscape before. Now, do portraiture. Especially with those XMMs in the photoshoot section.

Or maybe you can venture into PI photography ...

Need to convince yourself that shooting the same subject gives you a whole new diff feeling at a diff time/location/mood;p

*don't need to die peacefully so early rite..*:D

Grabbed one prime lens and my film camera, got off the train at Little India and walked around for hours trying different angles..

Trying to improve my skills.. ;)

When I started photography I was "passionate" about photography.

I shot everything. Flowers lah, buildings lah, beaches lah, sky lah, street scenes lah etc.

After so many years I think I am now lagi "passionate".

I now spend more time in front of PC looking at XMM photos in P&P and dreaming about shooting them.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I used to shoot everything type also. But the more I learn, the more I know, the more judgemental I become and the less I shoot.

Less firing blindly, more one-hit shots because can visualize what I want better, then spend more time in PP ;p

Books - I am read police stories, espionage, romance, classics. Nothing much more interesting.:think:

Travel - been to so many countries already. But there are the road less traveled. Like South America, Morroco, Kenya etc. But these are some riskier places.:think:

Makan - I have tried all kinds of cuisine. Nothing much exciting liao.

Photography - just look at some of the fabulous pictures in our galleries - so many genre, so many varieties - there must be something that excites our interest.

To me, there is always something exciting around. But, I only have 24/7, much of it taken by sleeping, eating, working and maintenance. Just too little time to find those exciting stuff to do.