Do you have problems with DSLR in extremely hot weather?

i know...just that have seen a couple of sport photographers do the oddest things to reduce/remove the heat buildup on their cameras. I wont say what in case it indirectly identifies them but imo, overall the camera looked more pro-like.

I think it was in the results they were trying to achieve. And not about looking pro.

Won't using for long exposure on a hotter day increase the number of hot pixel?

Unless you are using your camera as a video cam, I doubt you will be able to have that long an exposure that will cause problems in a hot (and BRIGHT) day.

i know...just that have seen a couple of sport photographers do the oddest things to reduce/remove the heat buildup on their cameras. I wont say what in case it indirectly identifies them but imo, overall the camera looked more pro-like.

I've shot with both my D70 and D200 in the hot sun till I got sun burned but the cam is still OK.

Those photographers you see doing "the oddest things to reduce/remove the heat" are doing it so that the cam body is not too hot when they hold the cam and put their face to the eye piece when shooting. You'll get a chance to expericence this when you're shooting for the YOG and you'll want to do "the oddest things to reduce/remove the heat" as well :bsmilie::bsmilie:

er... i once put my canon d60 inside industrial oven at 35deg c for 1hr, no problem after that. cant remember if i tried 37deg c, but very likely i did.

also put it in freezer too if u r interested to know.

iirc, i did both test (both without battery and cf card in the body) on same day.

wah u work for QC department for camera ah... or u did it out of pure curiosity. :thumbsup:

Incredible.. So what were you hypothesizing when doing those experiments? sensor crack? mirror crack?
engineer.png

:bsmilie: