Do you have/need a backup cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
For those who cover events or have assignments on a regular basis, do u have a backup cam with you all the time?

I do have regular assignments but the pay ranges from $100 to $300, still trying to justify the need for a backup cam..

How abt you guys?

Currently using a 20D.

If I'm paid for an assignment, I would be expected to be professional, even if I'm doing part time. Cz end of the day, I'm responsible for delivering results.

Cameras being electronic stuff, i nvr know when they're gonna play me up. I personally would definitely hv a backup cam on paid assignments. digital or film. But that's just me.

no back up camera how can?

must bring brother, must bring.

i bring 2 bodies, 3 lens, 2 flash, 4 cam batt, 16 pieces of AA batt, no matter how much am i paid.:)

How would you explain to the client if your camera or flash breaks down?

Once I followed a pro to learn the ropes. He had a case full of spare Hasselbald, spare flash, spare sync cord, spare batteries etc with him.

Borrow a friend's body and flash as spares if you don't want to invest in them.

smurfman said:
no back up camera how can?

must bring brother, must bring.

i bring 2 bodies, 3 lens, 2 flash, 4 cam batt, 16 pieces of AA batt, no matter how much am i paid.:)

That's pro dude! This is the standard shooting gears you will need to bring whenever there's a job for you regardless big or small.:)

Spectrum said:
That's pro dude! This is the standard shooting gears you will need to bring whenever there's a job for you regardless big or small.:)

and i haven include tripod or monopod etc.........

2nd cam body is a definite must!!! Wah 2nd flash.... :sweat: Siong ah... but in my line of work, I hardly need flash, so still ok. :)

Even for studio shoot assignment, also need a backup, and to be kiasu, I have 2 sets D100s with exactly the same settings, just in case.

The alternative (read: cheaper) way is to find a buddy, or partner, and have a agreement that each one's camera will be the other guy's backup camera for assignment.

Having a backup cam is like buying insurance. You'll never know when the cam is gonna play you out.

A cheap alternative is to loan a digi cam. D70 or even a S3 Pro. Think a few CSers doing some loans and not expensive at all. As to compare having the cam break down at the crucial moment.

Cheers,
Jon

arttl said:
Having a backup cam is like buying insurance. You'll never know when the cam is gonna play you out.

A cheap alternative is to loan a digi cam. D70 or even a S3 Pro. Think a few CSers doing some loans and not expensive at all. As to compare having the cam break down at the crucial moment.

Cheers,
Jon

He is using a Canon and ask him to backup with a Nikon?:bsmilie:

okie okie....get the idea...:)

will start looking ard liao......aiming to get the 1dmkiin on installments...at least the assignments can pay for it...hopefully.

can get two sets of mid range body, one wide zoom and a regular zoom with 2 flash lights.

i bring an extra prime for wide and one 50mm.

dragos said:
okie okie....get the idea...:)

will start looking ard liao......aiming to get the 1dmkiin on installments...at least the assignments can pay for it...hopefully.

then you are charging too low liao.

I wander what is the probability of losing the data in the memory card? does it happen to anyone before during an assignment:sweat: , because if this happen spare cam also can't help? How do you buy such an insurance:think: ?

You might need to alternate shooting with 2 cams??

Status
Not open for further replies.