Do you guys go photo-taking alone or in group?

shoot alone or in group? feel weird or pai seh shooting alone?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmet1989

Aug 23, 2009
queenstown / singapore
So do you guys prefer going out to shoot alone or in group? and when going alone, do you guys feel pai seh or weird or it's like nothing special? :D

nearly always alone...

if ever group, 1 other guy at most.

imho theres no longer any unique angles on things once you get a whole group all taking photos of the same thing...

ya that's true when you go in groups :) but when i go alone, i feel alot like option 1 lei :embrass:

Usually alone or with 1 or 2 good friends at the most. I hate huge groups.

mostly alone but dont mind group outings once in a while............. hard to be purely totally alone or ALWAYS with a group

I like group outings.. because you can always up your creativity. Since I'd get frustrated seeing how everyone takes the same thing.. forcing me to do something different.

I'm always alone out there with my gears, but groups can be fun too if you are creative in enhancing the atmosphere. instead of seeing everyone shooting the same subject, i'd rather shoot those photographers or their gears with my telezoom. sometimes you'll laugh at their style and facial mimics prior to pressing that shutter. different ppl, definitely different style. you may learn something different along the way.

cheers
papajanggo33

The problem with group outing is that some ppl may not agree where to go. Probably 2 is the best.

Hi helmet1989,

Actually you should have included another option which i will vote "Never feel pai seh or weird whether is it shooting alone, or with a group."

For myself, i prefer to shoot alone most of the time.

BUT when going to strange/ unknown/ dangerous/ haunted place(s), late-night photography, and photography in the jungles, then i will go in a group.

For photographers who are females and photographers who are hearing impaired/ deaf in both ears, it is safer to go in a group so that we can look out/ take care of one another.

For your info, i am hearing impaired in both ears.

Best of regards :)

Last edited:
Not really a group, perhaps meet with one or two other people at an area, split up for a determined amount of time, then meet up at the end.

I find that 80% of the time spent photo taking with my friends actually involve mostly non-photography activities (chit chatting, debating on where to go before detouring to catch a movie after having decided on the location, eating and drinking etc. etc.). :confused:

Preferably alone. I like to take my time. In a group there tends to be more or less some time pressure. My friends also not into photography.

usually alone, and sometimes with a few good friends

ryan

depend where i am going to shoot.. normally would like to shoot wif 1 or 2 photographer friends with the same interests... :cool:

ha since so many of you guys here shoot alone, maybe next time you guys can ask me along ya? acting tourist is not really my forte la haha but acting like a clown maybe better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.