Do you guys carry tripod around all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongcp

Sep 5, 2006
Sengkang
picasaweb.google.com
Hi,

I just started out on this photography hobby, armed with a new H5. Went shooting over the weekend and I found out I have unsteady hands. I think I badly needed a tripod with me. However I find it kinda of awkward to set up a tripod in the middle of the street and take photos. What is the occasion for you guys to carry the tripod along?

I carry my tripod only when shooting landscapes, architectures/interiors, night photos, products, and the likes. I don't use it on every occassion because in some situations, using a tripod actually gets in the way of the photo making process.

My tripod lives in the car boot just in case. Maybe it's bad for the tripod, but when I need it, it's there :)

jasongcp said:
Hi,

I just started out on this photography hobby, armed with a new H5. Went shooting over the weekend and I found out I have unsteady hands. I think I badly needed a tripod with me. However I find it kinda of awkward to set up a tripod in the middle of the street and take photos. What is the occasion for you guys to carry the tripod along?

for paid shoots. for night shoots. for landscape shoots. i will always bring a tripod.
but just to be safe i leave it in the boot...

would bring it on night shoots eg. fireworks.. or landscape or any environment with poor lighting. think a monopod could be useful for you if you want less attention :)

For landscapes during those twilight / golden hours.

As much as possbile since dun have steady hands. But as much as possible i try to turn on the flash so that the camera will be tricked to use a fast shutter speed ( using a PnS) thus reducing camera shake

Hi, I don't currently.

But I think I should, especially when shooting all landscape shots. Whatever the lighting. =(
Horrible, horrible, blurs.

Since H5 has SSS ability already, you can try to improve you hand holding technique, or try to lean on something stable to gain more stable support, or may be get a monopod instead. Sometime I just put the camera on a flat platform to take some photos in low light condition.

If you talking about night or dark shot, then tripod is indeed almost a must.

SilentWave said:
I carry my tripod only when shooting landscapes, architectures/interiors, night photos, products, and the likes. I don't use it on every occassion because in some situations, using a tripod actually gets in the way of the photo making process.

Hi, perhaps u may want to try using the monopod. fast setup and keep.

think that it depends very much on whether one has a car or not. ppl who does not have a car can't possibly bring a tripod (non-table non mini type) around all time.

zoossh said:
think that it depends very much on whether one has a car or not. ppl who does not have a car can't possibly bring a tripod (non-table non mini type) around all time.

most of ppl who kno me dun like me 2 carry my full height tripod, like there's some kind of stagma being associated w/ it... :dunno:

my cam does not hav any stabilizing feature, no large aperture, & i may not hav d luxury of time switching rolls of film w/ diff ISO. :(

if i 1 2 hav sharper pics i can't do w/o my tripod, day or nite. ;p

I think its really weird carrying a tripod around all the time, unless of course you don't mind the weight.

There are some nice tripods out there, but I like the PPCP Pro2 tripod cos it has those spongy things that let you hold onto them like a cushion. Its comfortable in your hands, deploys like a normal tripod or a GPMG tripod and the best of all, it has a ball head!

And yeah, I won't mind carrying one like that around :bsmilie:

monopod la not only easier to carry n keep.. can also use as a tongkat oso.. :bsmilie:

I carry my tripod especially for night and landscape shots. Sometimes, I just use the monopod. Reason being I've had disappointments before. After going to somewhere nice, seeing something nice, then going back to look at it...BLUR...oh no. Not worth it. So from then on, I always try to have a tripod around.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.