Do you give way to emergency vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor1988

Jul 19, 2006
Sengkang
lizhien.blogspot.com
i stay just beside Sengkang fire station. everyday can hear the fire bike or fire engines rushing to respond to a call. many a times i see motorists not giving way to these vehicles :thumbsd: although the siren and blinker lights are on. haiz.. just move to the left or right will die meh.. :dunno:

wad's your take? share your experiences or opinion here. :think:

i stay just beside Sengkang fire station. everyday can hear the fire bike or fire engines rushing to respond to a call. many a times i see motorists not giving way to these vehicles :thumbsd: although the siren and blinker lights are on. haiz.. just move to the left or right will die meh.. :dunno:

Its an offence not to give way.

Anyway, the authorites will be installing cameras on all emergency vehicles. Such offenders will be caught red-

hand on tape and they gona have points deducted. Good luck to them

i think it's a mix la, some people will give way, some people won't

and the best are the people who hitch a "free ride" from such emergency vehicles in congested traffic, just tailgate it all the way when they get the chance - nothing really wrong with that but just very amusing all the same

this is karma

i'm sure no one here would want the emergency vehicle to be stuck when they or their loved ones need its service :dunno:

so, do unto others what you would do unto yourself, that should be the case

of course give way. what is so difficult?

just saw this incident on the expressway today. everyone gave way, at least till my line of sight ended.

an ambulance blinking. hha, my car gave way too, of course.

yes i do.. even before the ambulance reach me I would have changed lanes. I cannot understand why some cars will stay there all the way until the emergency vehicle reach their butts before they start to get lost.

just saw this incident on the expressway today. everyone gave way, at least till my line of sight ended.

an ambulance blinking. hha, my car gave way too, of course.

that's great.. :thumbsup: you never know who might be in the ambulance. might be your loved ones (touch wood) or someone whose life depends on being able to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

I agree with you. Many drivers here hav eno consideration for people in need of an emergency vehicle. I have seen too many situations where drivers ignore the ambulance. Kiasu, kiasi they say. I say next time it's you in the ambulance praying to arrive in time.

I have a proufound disgust for such drivers.:ipuke:

I am really glad that there is a project to put cameras on the emergency vehicles to put these inconsiderate ppl in deep sheat.

Sad to see that it is necessary to come to such measures to force people to become civil.:thumbsd:

If I am in an emergency vehicle and someone does not give way....and hence, I die....

I will come back and that person will have totally under exposed photo's for the rest of their life ....hahaha

Now "THAT" will be bad karma :devil:

If I am in an emergency vehicle and someone does not give way....and hence, I die....

I will come back and that person will have totally under exposed photo's for the rest of their life ....hahaha

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yeah.. emergency vehicles of course i will give way too..... Really hope those vehicles can get to their destination as soon as possible..

Out of curiosity, can emergency vehicles cross red traffic light if the traffic was clear? I seen fire engine doing that...

Wat happens when it's red light, and you're the 1st in front, suddenly an ambulance comes behind u?

i wait. cos I have no authority to beat the red light.

give way as soon as you can. you never know....they could be rushing to save someone close to you.

With all respect.

You are not a book of rules with no discerment.

If you get booked, you can send to the traffic police the explanation of the situation with a word from the firemen service if needed. Take the truck number plate, time and place for later record. In any case the firemen truck should be on the picture as well to support you version of the fact.

Dun croos the junction just pull to the side.

Police and justice have intelligence to understand that sometimes you have cases of "force majeure".

i wait. cos I have no authority to beat the red light.

Of course give way, the little consideration will save someone else life. Switch lane with at least 3 cars behind before it reach my backside.

If you happen to be in front of it at a traffic junction, just move your car to the front of the car in the next lane. Don't have to cross the junction which may cause another accident.

should be over exposed with a hint of an image of an ambulance in every over exposed image

under exposed image can still be saved

I always give way, no matter I have time or no time. I have seen some angel drivers too who will switch lanes, or stop the car and let emergency vehicle pass, etc. Of course I also see many selfish drivers who refuse to give way, or drive faster in front of the ambulance.

Status
Not open for further replies.