Do You Find It Irritating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
If you see me...typing...like ...that ...in Singlish?

Seems to me that in our local forums many people type their entries or post in this manner. It may seem cute to some but it's bloody annoying to be reading dots every few words. (Especially some who keep saying they're noobs and want to freeload a model shoot) Attracting Flames ;)

Some use that as punctuations, meaning pause...

../azul123

P.S. in case you ask why have ../ then nick. This is used when you have a secretary who type your work and indicates that at he end of the letter or memo, if the person type it then it follows with his name or usually just initial. Habits die hard.

disES prolby noaccrute butI HATE D poSTs Dat is TYPDinSMSlaNg!

Danged! I need a teenager or ahlian to do this right...

Klose said:

Seems to me that in our local forums many people type their entries or post in this manner. It may seem cute to some but it's bloody annoying to be reading dots every few words. (Especially some who keep saying they're noobs and want to freeload a model shoot) Attracting Flames ;)

I am more annoyed by SMS and instant messaging slang (including "noob"). U know, 2 sum ppl&kidz this is l33t. The use of an ellipsis (...) is well established in many situations, literally meaning something got left out, but frequently also in the sense of "fill in the blank what I thought but was too nice to write".

Not sure about the connection to freeloaders, but if every freeloader (myself included) were to leave this place, it would be very, very quiet. And aren't those organizers (which for fairness should be called "pimps" as long as they refer to models as "sexy babes") who advertise their commercial services without paying for it also freeloaders?

errrrrr
typing dots mean singlish? but trying to read a text in forums dat is so singlish and one dat has lots of grammar wrong, is quite irritating
hehe....................................

i don't find it irritating,there's more irritating things.

*check for grammer dots and grammers*

Klose said:

I think this is a forum to express your thought and not the style of typing. Maybe we should just look into the content rather than the style and if ... is too much for some, just skip to the next. :lovegrin:

actually the dots are not dots. just statements in the wrong font size.
dun believe try a macro shot on ur screen. hahaha..

must we start a write gd english campaign here?? i hope not...:sweat:

this isn't as bad as something like

i reali h8 e ppl who write like dis n it takes a lot of effort 2 read it properly.
(dang, I really can't write it the bad way but I guess you get the hint).

Come on, not as if there's a 160 character limit here. :)

aNd Of CoUrSe ThErE iS tHe AlTeRnAtInG cApS wHiCh Is JuSt aS iRriTaTiNg As FeInWeRkBaU mEnTiOnEd.

Regards
CK

iT's Ev3N m0r3 iRritaTing w3n U C gUyszzZz tYpInGxxX Lik3s dIsXxZ hEExXx~!

and there's this new thing going around where people say things like,

"not i do one wor"
"not me lor"
"not i do de"
"heehee, i go off le"

:ipuke: :ipuke: :ipuke:

Waffle said:
iT's Ev3N m0r3 iRritaTing w3n U C gUyszzZz tYpInGxxX Lik3s dIsXxZ hEExXx~!

and there's this new thing going around where people say things like,

"not i do one wor"
"not me lor"
"not i do de"
"heehee, i go off le"

:ipuke: :ipuke: :ipuke:

y u like tat say ppl wor....? :bsmilie:

afbug said:
y u like tat say ppl wor....? :bsmilie:
i pInCh eW d3n eW kNoEss hOr, teEhEeXxX! (^.^)v :kiss:

:sweat: somebody kill me, please.

bloody youths nowadays lacking minds of their own. getting sucked into conformity and the everpresent pseudo cute boiboi/gerger identity.
surf friendster..target ur search to those around the adolscence age..bloody profiles with words that end with wORxxx....lOlerxXXx..
**** man. what is happening to this generation. mindless holes.

Waffle said:
i pInCh eW d3n eW kNoEss hOr, teEhEeXxX! (^.^)v :kiss:

:sweat: somebody kill me, please.

ok! ur dead! i'm hungry.....let me enjoy some waffle! :bsmilie:

doug3fflux said:
bloody youths nowadays lacking minds of their own. getting sucked into conformity and the everpresent pseudo cute boiboi/gerger identity.
surf friendster..target ur search to those around the adolscence age..bloody profiles with words that end with wORxxx....lOlerxXXx..

Hey I know a wide open space, with limitless supply of kerosene and JP.Lighters not included.:bsmilie: :bigeyes: :devil:

Who's up for a cute boy/ger bonfire?:sweat:

doug3fflux said:
Finally someone out there who understands. To be honest, I'm very disappointed to be associated with these kinds of people as I'm still a youth too at 19 years. Can you imagine 19-year-olds speaking like that? Can you imagine 19-yr-old GUYS on the streets actually SPEAKING like that? Yes, they actually say, "sianZZZ" and emphasize the "ZZZ"s. Sometimes I really want to give them a good smack upside their heads.

And don't even get me started on their still-on-going bullsh*t of "kor kor" and "mei mei" relationships. The way I see it, these terms were invented by guys as an excuse to get close to these dumbass chicks because they can't get them for girlfriends. A sad case of "bo her hae mah ho" eh? :rolleyes:

doug3fflux said:

Same thing what the Sinatra era said about the Beatles era,
and the Beatles era about the Disco/Heavy Metal era,
and the Disco/Heavy Metal era about the Madonna/Michael Jackson era,
and so on and so forth...

doug3fflux said:

i m 20 so am i a youth? :bsmilie: actually the intention of this thread was to vent my fustration at a certain forumer whom i have noticed; who wants to freeload at photoshoots and types in the manner of "wORxxx....lOlerxXXx.." :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.