Do you find it a cliche.....

Is it a cliche to have an avatar of you and your cam?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
to have the cam and the user as the avatar?

lately there is a growing number of CSers who don the hold-camera-to-face-and-face-half-hidden-behind-camera kind of avatar.

sometimes when the same kind of thing gets overdone and exaggerated it can become a cliche. Do you think such avatars are so?

please note that there is no right or wrong, there is no bashing or discrimination. This is just a boliao poll to go with my teh-peng in the Kopitiam. :D

mine for a few days only, i think. it's taken when we went to Sheares Bridge for the skyline shot, remember?

Wai, next time, show us a penguin instead. :D

Yes, I find it a cliche but I don't think that should stop you from using it. It's more like a "I am a photographer" kind of identity thingy to some. And to some others "i have this XXXX brand of camera".

If you ask me, I will not use it but I personally think it is alright.

Andy Ho
http://andyho.clubsnap.org/gallery/

Just wondering, if this were a forum for people who like headphones (yes, there is such a forum incidentally), will we have avatars of people with their headphones on their head?

Originally posted by wallpaper
Just wondering, if this were a forum for people who like headphones (yes, there is such a forum incidentally), will we have avatars of people with their headphones on their head?

have u seen any PDA forum where pple use a photo of their PDA in their hands as avatars?

Life is like a zoo as far as this thread is...we've got a puppy, a toy giraffe, a hermit crab and a fish. ;p

roll of film (delta 400) to those who know what mine is! :D :D

Originally posted by GitS
roll of film (delta 400) to those who know what mine is! :D :D

ooops! just the first one who knows! heheheheh!

Originally posted by Larry
mine neither... ;)

Larry

Before I met you in person, I got the impression that the baby you used for your avatar was yours! ;p

Nothing wrong with being cliche.

But I prefer looking at avatars which have pix of something else (aside from the photographer himself/herself with or without camera) - it could be a scenery, object, animal etc which gives me the impression that that is the sort of pic the photographer likes to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.