do you find fotologue very buggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tester99

Dec 4, 2008
i've been using fotologue for almost a year already.. mainly due to it's appealing interface. however, i've been receiving complaints that either my portfolio is loading super slow and worse still, sometimes the server is just down. do you guys encounter that?

i'm thinking of switching sites, which would you recommend? i have flickr too already, and no paid hosting please.. thanks! :)

You know the saying about monkeys and peanuts? If you want to have defined SLA to make sure your portfolio is up for viewing you'll need to put some cash on the desk and have a contract. Everything else is just "best efforts" or "at own convenience" of the provider.
Keep in mind: if you want to venture into professional work your online portfolio becomes part of your business attire.

i have not really went into paid-work yet, so there's not much to justify paid hosting. it's generally for friends and family viewing only. SLA = ?

Service Level Agreement - contractually agreed parameters of the service (e.g. availability, maximum downtime, restoration time etc). Violations can lead to penalties (if agreed).

I've stopped using fotologue for a year already I think.. just ocassionally upload for fun only.
For a free hosting site and the flash eye candy they are offering, there should not be any complaint about their slow loading time IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.