Do you feel you are being judge with the Camera you use?

NE clicks clicks

Dec 5, 2005
I have always feel that, many a times, we are being judge by the camera we use rather than the how much are into photography or how well we are able to bring across the what we want to express with our pictures.

I have encounter on so many occasions, that once the topic of photography were brought up , the next question would be .... What camera you use ah? Then, the reply will often be " wah you use a expensive camera woh" or ,"wah lao! still on such a old camera ah"

Do share your thoughts on this. Would really like to hear how fellow CSers feel of this.

Aiyoo, this topic again??? Why not just continue the last one?

see my signature...

It doesn't bother me...

just show these people your photos, if they're good, that's the best reply to "what camera you use".

People who will judge you base on that probably do not know the 1st thing about photography anyway, just ignore.

who cares what they think? let the photos speak for you

Unfortunately, it's not limited to the cameras we use. We are often judged by the car we drive, where we live, etc, etc. So have a bit more self confidence and just focus on taking good pictures ... :)

i think these are just normal/standard questions when you first talk about photography with others mah. Things like wat camera/lens you use, how much you bought, where you usually take pics etc etc. Not really trying to judge you or wat ba.

One who does not know who are you will ask those questions.
One who does not know your photography skills will ask those questions.
One who does not seen your photograph will ask those questions.

So there are so many "one who doese not .... " in the end still come back to yourself ... Do you matter ppl asking those questions ?

i feel paiseh i am not doing my camera and lens justice..:cry:

its normal for humans to think & feel that way specially if they dont know you...

I have always feel that, many a times, we are being judge by the camera we use rather than the how much are into photography or how well we are able to bring across the what we want to express with our pictures.

I have encounter on so many occasions, that once the topic of photography were brought up , the next question would be .... What camera you use ah? Then, the reply will often be " wah you use a expensive camera woh" or ,"wah lao! still on such a old camera ah"

Do share your thoughts on this. Would really like to hear how fellow CSers feel of this.

Care to share what is intention of this query ? U are doing some sort of research of this topic ?

This is a condition common with people with an urge to live according to other people's standards

Actually a cheaper camera gives me LESS stress.... nobody has any good expectations .... lousy pics ? Blame it on the camera loh ! You have good camera but turn out crap, the pressure is on you :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
never in the last 32 years........... then again i dont have a personal issue with 'face' or keeping up with the Joneses.

Actually a cheaper camera gives me LESS stress.... nobody has any good expectations .... lousy pics ? Blame it on the camera loh ! You have good camera but turn out crap, the pressure is on you :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

true!

if i ever upgrade, i think i must keep it a secret....

then whenever i go outing, i will just bring my 500d with kit lens... :) haha...