Do you feel uneasy if your friend upgrade a body better than yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete2322

Oct 8, 2009
Let say you used to own a camera body better than your friend (or probably a foe :)) . Then suddenly you heard that he has upgraded to a body much better than yours. What's more his pictures quality upgraded along with the camera.

Would you feel uneasy and wanting to get a camera better than his? Yes, skill that counts the most but would still go head to get a camera that could produced a higher image quality than his one despite would spend quite a lot of money but at least 'defeated' him and thus make you a happy man :)

Nope... But I'll feel uneasy if my friends takes impossibly beautiful pics with a lousy cam. :D

No because I am not him.

If he upgrades his gender, I would have something to really worry about.

Let say you used to own a camera body better than your friend (or probably a foe :)) . Then suddenly you heard that he has upgraded to a body much better than yours. What's more his pictures quality upgraded along with the camera.

Would you feel uneasy and wanting to get a camera better than his? Yes, skill that counts the most but would still go head to get a camera that could produced a higher image quality than his one despite would spend quite a lot of money but at least 'defeated' him and thus make you a happy man :)

Sounds like you are in such a situation and need this to feel good .:bsmilie:

4071342683_f8e229f947_o.jpg

why need to compare? jus focus on what u have and take better photos. :)

What? is this photography or vanitography?

why need to compare? jus focus on what u have and take better photos. :)

What if after the upgrade his picture is way superior than yours?

Pete,

You never did tell us exactly what was it you wanted to find out in your other thread regarding umbrellas and lighting.

What if after the upgrade his picture is way superior than yours?

In what way?

Unless you're referring to high-speed low-light sports where clean files at ISO 12800 and above plus 12 FPS makes a huge difference...

Hang on a minute ... I know of one professional sports photographer who refused sponsorship of high-speed cameras and went with a 3fps body as he preferred the lenses from that company.

Or are you comparing A0 sized enlargements of studio still life shots from a FF body against a high MP crop factor body?

What exactly is 'better' than 'what'? Samples would make it much easier ...

Also, bear in mind, there is one local photographer who is a double Royal Photographic Soc award receipient, and last I recall, he won both fellowships using a Lumix PROSUMER as he openly stated his dislike for DSLRs. That's probably a good measure of equipment capabilities - his Lumix against your DSLR.

Last edited:
LOL my friend talked about this today.
if he now owes a better body, you buy IMBA lens to compete with him la!!
i'm sure the impact/diff for pro lens will be more obvious than a better body XD

Pete,

You never did tell us exactly what was it you wanted to find out in your other thread regarding umbrellas and lighting.

In what way?

Unless you're referring to high-speed low-light sports where clean files at ISO 12800 and above plus 12 FPS makes a huge difference...

Hang on a minute ... I know of one professional sports photographer who refused sponsorship of high-speed cameras and went with a 3fps body as he preferred the lenses from that company.

Or are you comparing A0 sized enlargements of studio still life shots from a FF body against a high MP crop factor body?

What exactly is 'better' than 'what'? Samples would make it much easier ...

Also, bear in mind, there is one local photographer who is a double Royal Photographic Soc award receipient, and last I recall, he won both fellowships using a Lumix PROSUMER as he openly stated his dislike for DSLRs. That's probably a good measure of equipment capabilities - his Lumix against your DSLR.

This maybe to the extreme end just like someone driving a Korean car beating those driving
a Beemer.

It's not something of a sport cum photojournalist shoot but for indoor event and potraits, the image quality is just noticeable different.

What's more he didn't do any photoshop editing on the pictures he shoots.

If I need to match the quality of his pictures, I'll need to do a quite a heavy photoshop editing.

I don't want to post a comparison pictures of his and mine one. Doing so would offend him and might start a flame war. Remain anoymous is enough.

Actually, no it's not. It was to illustrate a point.

Sent you a PM.

Anyways, adults should be able to hold an objective discussion even if it involves brands. :)

And what's the obsession about sans-photoshopping being a benchmark of excellence? :think:

Aren't the results more important?

My friend just upgraded his body and I am very jealous and uneasy!!!!

FF.jpg

i have better things to do than compare, compare, compare, with ah mao, ah kow, my best friend, his dog..

"...if someone feels he is some way better than I am because he has more possessions, I tend to suspect the exact opposite. Indeed, I feel sorry for him, because he is trapped by his possessions. We are all constrained in our lives, but

the difference between constraint and a trap is often a matter of choice." -- Roger Hicks

do you feel uneasy if your friend got better car than you?

nicer watch than you?

bigger biceps than you?

more beautiful wife than you?

then i think, you will not be friends for long; your idea of friend is very warped.

Let say you used to own a camera body better than your friend (or probably a foe :)) .....

I got no foe. Even if have i dont think i will go out with them so most likely i wont know what camera they are using. Friends is different. We share... so they buy means i get to try. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.