Do you feel any improvement with MRT after the increase in trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunboi80

Jun 10, 2006
West of SG
Hi guys/gals

Do you feel any improvement in train frequencies and overcrowding problem after SMRT increase it's trains (supposingly 700 more) after May 20?

Personally I don't see any improvement and i wonder where did these 700 trains gone to?

I take the train everyday at about 8am and 615pm. the timing i see from the display board is still the same (4mins frequency). and the waiting time is still the same, about 5-7mins. and every train is still super crowded.

Today it's worse, i reach my stn at 755am and the 1st train tat came is too crowded so i can't board, the next is 3 mins later ( from display screen, prev was 2mins). finally this train that came is again super crowded. and the next is 9 mins!!! :bigeyes:

in the evenings, missing 2-3 trains which each train coming at 4mins interval is common.

thus everyone rushed to board this train and u can imagine the super crowd.

Mabbe the times i took the train is not the peak hours :dunno:
thus i dun see anyone of the 700 added trains...

Anyone benefitted from the newly added trains?

i dun think anyone sane would be spending so much time to keep track of the train timings.
Hired people by authorities to keep track , aren't "eligible" in my opinion.

700 added trains? Do they have the resources to house these new additions? :think: Is it really possible to have additional 700 trains serving the people? Increase = still in production or already in service? :dunno:

Hate taking the train, super crowded like Japan's. I'll rather take a bus (which is very slightly better) or walk.

700 added trains? Do they have the resources to house these new additions? :think: Is it really possible to have additional 700 trains serving the people? Increase = still in production or already in service? :dunno:

Hate taking the train, super crowded like Japan's. I'll rather take a bus (which is very slightly better) or walk.

i think nobody will really know, unless it's staff who works in smrt, nel. I don't really trust stats and figures in newspapers nowadays, in recent years the numbers for different things seem to take people for a ride. Either underreported or inflated. zzz... :bsmilie:

i think nobody will really know, unless it's staff who works in smrt, nel. I don't really trust stats and figures in newspapers nowadays, in recent years the numbers for different things seem to take people for a ride. Either underreported or inflated. zzz... :bsmilie:

I agree with you bro. Haiz...

Bus service is not any better.:rolleyes: Just two days ago at Orchard, I saw one lady fuming and banging the door of Bus No. 7 when the driver just couldn't open the door to let her in because it was jam-packed. Later, she squealed something like vulgarities and mumbled that two No. 7s had passed and she had not been able to board.

Bus service is not any better.:rolleyes: Just two days ago at Orchard, I saw one lady fuming and banging the door of Bus No. 7 when the driver just couldn't open the door to let her in because it was jam-packed. Later, she squealed something like vulgarities and mumbled that two No. 7s had passed and she had not been able to board.

it happens, sometimes its the commuters fault, got the "behind got ghost" mentality. Sbs should try introduce bus models with exit right at the end, to encourage people to move to the back, since they are unable to convince people to do so (over so many years now)

Many times it's because people already on the bus don't move towards the rear to create space. Just yesterday my girlfriend had to request out loud for people to move towards the back of the bus so that others could board.

the trains do take a little longer to reach each destination (look for suicide people) and open or close its doors. naturally, with slower productivity, they need to up the frequencies to cope with the load during peak hours. It is pure economics that when demand rises, supply increases.

But to be fair, the singapore scene is still not as bad as taipei or tokyo. try taking a public transport during the super peak hours and you will know what i mean. you will be sardined and pushed in (if you are at the door) irregardless if you are squash cheek to cheek with a pretty lady or a stinky man.

I think we all forgot to take the new completely in context. The 700 added train services (not physically 700 trains, mind you) were added during *lunch* peak hour, to make wait time shorter. They run in and around the City Hall area.

I think we all forgot to take the new completely in context. The 700 added train services (not physically 700 trains, mind you) were added during *lunch* peak hour, to make wait time shorter. They run in and around the City Hall area.

oh great... to cater to lunch crowd? really power planning. hahahaha

i guess they havent seen/experienced/tramautized by the crunch at jurong east stn in the morning and evening peak hours. :bsmilie:

Yeah, just this morning at about 8.30am, the south-bound train at Admiralty was already fully pack. Worse still at Sembawang , there were even more commuters waiting and only less than half of them managed to board the train, after sooo much squeezing. Don't think the additional trains service during lunch hours work well, if only they add more trains in the morning.

I agree that buses are not much better, but at least there are options of taking other bus services to a destination at times whereas for train is like die die you have to get in one.

Wow, that's great. Because we only have an hour during lunch and we can wait all we want when it's going home time so adding extra service during that 1 hour is very critical.

Did these people just used their kidneys to think?

Yeah, just this morning at about 8.30am, the south-bound train at Admiralty was already fully pack. Worse still at Sembawang , there were even more commuters waiting and only less than half of them managed to board the train, after sooo much squeezing. Don't think the additional trains service during lunch hours work well, if only they add more trains in the morning.

there was a train disruption i think...i was on that 8.30am train. hahahaha

they should increase the morning trains instead as that is where the real crowd is.. the increase during lunctime is not tt useful as i suppose most don't travel far for lunch anyway

Each morning I have to wait 4 feeder buses before i could get on the bus. The only other way is to walk to the next bus stop (why should I do that just to get on the bus and plus it's like i have to walk another 500m) Although their frequency is every 5-7 minutes during peak hours but when it reaches my stop, it's just people standing at the entrance of the bus door steps. Bus no.238 which loops round Toa Payoh.

And then from there I have to wait for another bus which is no.153 which again I have to battle with the aunties and office workers to get on the bus. Then stand almost half way before you get to sit. Bus 153 is normally a double deck but when it comes a single deck.....siao liao.....no need to board.:bsmilie:

it happens, sometimes its the commuters fault, got the "behind got ghost" mentality. Sbs should try introduce bus models with exit right at the end, to encourage people to move to the back, since they are unable to convince people to do so (over so many years now)

Many times it's because people already on the bus don't move towards the rear to create space. Just yesterday my girlfriend had to request out loud for people to move towards the back of the bus so that others could board.

I agree that buses are not much better, but at least there are options of taking other bus services to a destination at times whereas for train is like die die you have to get in one.

Yup, agree lor. I had seen an Ah Chek shout inside a feeder bus telling the people to move in. The people really moved in because the Ah Chek seemed not to be trifled with. :bsmilie: That's the one time I saw such automatic passengers.

Wow, that's great. Because we only have an hour during lunch and we can wait all we want when it's going home time so adding extra service during that 1 hour is very critical.

Did these people just used their kidneys to think?

Actually although kidneys has no feeling but i think they use their A$$ to think.

they should increase the morning trains instead as that is where the real crowd is.. the increase during lunctime is not tt useful as i suppose most don't travel far for lunch anyway

Right! They are serving the wrong crowd at the wrong time leh. Increase train freqs to bring people around for delicious lunch? A bit absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.