Do you extend your warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Do you guys do that or will just stick to the 1 year warranty that comes with the cam?

ckiang

Originally posted by Falcon
Do you guys do that or will just stick to the 1 year warranty that comes with the cam?
I just stick to it, or sometimes I don't even send the thing in.... ;p Extended warranty isn't so useful for products like digital cameras which go very obsolete in a year's time.

Regards
CK

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by ckiang

I just stick to it, or sometimes I don't even send the thing in.... ;p Extended warranty isn't so useful for products like digital cameras which go very obsolete in a year's time.

Regards
CK
But digicam is quite vulnerable.(at least less hardy that film slr) Might just die off anytime. WOuldn't it be better to extend the warranty?

ckiang

But digicam is quite vulnerable.(at least less hardy that film slr) Might just die off anytime. WOuldn't it be better to extend the warranty?
If you take good care of it, it should last beyond the warranty period. My Coolpix 950 is now rather beat up after 2.5+ years, and it still keeps going and going and going.... ;)

Regards
CK

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org

you already answer it yourself. digital camera is like computer, it faced-out easily, why still want to extend the warrenty. for PC, hardcore user will buy a new cpu or motherboard every 6 months. they don't care about warrenty.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Because you want to keep it for a couple of years eg. dlsr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom