Do you ever got your filter/len stuck in the camera's thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majere2sg

Mar 31, 2003
Singapore (SengKang)
majere2sg.clubsnap.org
Do you ever got your filter/len stuck in your camera thread and cannot turn it out ? I just got my UV Filter stuck because I turn it too hard :cry:
Got to send it to Sony Service Centre :(
Did anyone send their camera for servicing there before ? Is it the only place I can send it to ? (coz it doesn't open on saturday and sundays)
Is it really true that I can get back my camera from one of the collection points stated at Sony website, like Sony gallery at Bugis Junction etc. Thanks ! :)

Experienced that before. What I did is simply screw in another filter (I tried with a polariser the other time) tight and surprisingly, both filters were out in no time.

WARNING : no guarantees! But it REALLY works for me.

Brought to the service centre, the technican one day later called me and told me cannot take out the filter, must change the body part (cost around $110).
So in the end never change, just ask him to clean the inner part of the len.
So anyone wants to have their UV Filter permanently screwed in can find me ! :bsmilie:

wah.. you really power!
Hee hee!

Last time I had my UV filter stuck, I sticked a piece of masking tape around the filter and that improved the 'grip' on the filter... then with a twist, it finally came out... :p

HIeee...

Some tips from experience......

If your filter is stuck.....try removing by first twine a couple of rubber bands around the filter......and then try unscrewing the filter...as the rubber band helps in improving traction...

Regards,
Sulhan

Originally posted by majere2sg
Brought to the service centre, the technican one day later called me and told me cannot take out the filter, must change the body part (cost around $110).
So anyone wants to have their UV Filter permanently screwed in can find me ! :bsmilie:

Another method which work for me.
On air-con full blast on a really hot afternoon.
Bring cam out under direct sun.
After about 15 minutes, faster run back into room with cam.
Presto! Can liaoz.

Depending on the different metallic properties, you may want to try it the other way round.

my uv filter was stuck some time back. tried shoes, rubber bands, even tried asking a fren to bring back a filter wrencher from us....but none worked. in the end...decided to buy somethin at john 3:16...and asked one of the guys there to try un'screw the filter. and it did came off. i bought another filter after that.

my thread

i just went to The Camera Workshop for help. No charge incurred.

Originally posted by majere2sg
Wise decision hehe. Fwah filter stuck also must go and change body part...piang so "mafan" and costly sumemore. Maybe he smoke u out one lar...actually can remove but act blur say cannot...so as to make some $$$ lor. :bsmilie:

Had a similar experience before but it was a 58 mm UV stuck onto the 52-58mm step up ring adapter so not as bad as stuck on the camera. I guess moral of the story is....dun screw on your filters too tightly. :rolleyes:

yeah... once mine got stuck too... and my cousin helped mi out with his hands... then he got a cut by the filter while taking it out... he didn't realise it until he unscrewed it.... :D

Originally posted by isomers007
my uv filter was stuck some time back. tried shoes,my thread

Shoes... hmm.. I read this sometime back on using shoes against the filter so that the pressure gets evenly spread across the circumference. Is this how you tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.