do you dry your camera with a hair dryer if it got in the rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think oven is possible... preheat the oven and put your camera in at a certain temperature.. fungus also die..

i think oven is possible... preheat the oven and put your camera in at a certain temperature.. fungus also die..

Do we really need to introduce joke tags here? Does it really need safety advices for ovens as "Do not use for drying electric equipment" in the same way as "Do not dry pets in microwave oven"?
If electrical equipment gets wet (and it's designated to get wet like most of the cameras) just remove all batteries and let it dry slowly. Give it wipe with some cloth, remove the lens and put it into dry cabinet, that's enough. Anything else just bears the risk of damaging.
The heat required to kill fungus spores will also kill your camera.

:bsmilie:

Do we really need to introduce joke tags here? Does it really need safety advices for ovens as "Do not use for drying electric equipment" in the same way as "Do not dry pets in microwave oven"?
If electrical equipment gets wet (and it's designated to get wet like most of the cameras) just remove all batteries and let it dry slowly. Give it wipe with some cloth, remove the lens and put it into dry cabinet, that's enough. Anything else just bears the risk of damaging.
The heat required to kill fungus spores will also kill your camera.

how bad do you mean by getting 'splash' by rain? did it seep into your camera and is your camera one with the weather resistent seals? if its just wet on the surface, wiping it dry with a cloth and letting is air before putting it into your dry box/cabi should be fine. if water has gone in, erm just hope your camera is fine as I don't think using a hairdryer would help. it might in fact cause too much heat and damage your camera.

These are correct answers :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.