do you close your eyes when you flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

Feb 26, 2006
dover
I've just bought an external flash.
Whenever I flash, I feel the flash get in my eyes also (i think because if bounce around? or the bounce box?)
After a while i feel very very uncomfortable and dizzy, so I close my eyes whenever I flash.
:dunno:

nope.
I was shooting normal scene.

Umm I dont have that problem even with my diffuser (DIY) . The mirrow blackout time blocks off most of the flash. There are times when i have to ask my firends if the flash went off =p

htthach said:
Whenever I flash, I feel the flash get in my eyes also (i think because if bounce around? or the bounce box?)
After a while i feel very very uncomfortable and dizzy, so I close my eyes whenever I flash.

felt that sometimes as well especially in the nite.

why sometimes the flash fire off but the picture totally black ?

mine cam not 20D, it is 10D only
i use 550ex with 10D

first time i heard of such things

u need to get used to it. its not too big an issue.

i get that through my right eye only when shooting in portrait mode (vertical tilt) and after 200+ shots, but i know what you mean. i simply close my right eye (left's closed anyway) just a split sec before taking the shot.

and if you're a fan of not looking through your viewfinder and shooting at chest level then please close your eyes...hahaha..

htthach said:
Maybe your eyes is very sensitive. Most people won't have such problem.

but the shot right before that is ok

there is enuf time to recharge
only shot when the light is red
today i bring back to canon, they check for a while and say everything ok
so i also dun understand why
it just happen sometimes

cannot be.
coz the flash did fired strong.
and the picture look nearly black.
funny thing is after it get into the "dark state" what ever u do, still dark for afterward shots. (change mode, change conf,...)
so the dark thing come by series. To get out of the "dark state" must turn off both body and flash then it's ok again.

htthach said:
cannot be.
funny thing is after it get into the "dark state" what ever u do, still dark for afterward shots. (change mode, change conf,...)
so the dark thing come by series. To get out of the "dark state" must turn off both body and flash then it's ok again.
camera faulty.

htthach said:
cannot be.
I think it might be a sync problem. It happens when I use my canon flash on my nikon body :confused:

Anyways if you close ur eyes when it flash, how you know if it really got flash anot? :dunno:

DemonicAngelz said:
Anyways if you close ur eyes when it flash, how you know if it really got flash anot? :dunno:
If you are using dslr/digital camera, you can preview....

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.