do you close your eyes when you flash?


Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#1
I've just bought an external flash.
Whenever I flash, I feel the flash get in my eyes also (i think because if bounce around? or the bounce box?)
After a while i feel very very uncomfortable and dizzy, so I close my eyes whenever I flash.
:dunno:
 

raptor84

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,726
1
38
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
#4
Umm I dont have that problem even with my diffuser (DIY) . The mirrow blackout time blocks off most of the flash. There are times when i have to ask my firends if the flash went off =p
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#5
htthach said:
I've just bought an external flash.
Whenever I flash, I feel the flash get in my eyes also (i think because if bounce around? or the bounce box?)
After a while i feel very very uncomfortable and dizzy, so I close my eyes whenever I flash.
:dunno:
felt that sometimes as well especially in the nite.
 

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#6
why sometimes the flash fire off but the picture totally black ?
 

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#8
mine cam not 20D, it is 10D only
i use 550ex with 10D
 

user111

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
4,702
0
36
#9
first time i heard of such things

u need to get used to it. its not too big an issue.
 

#10
i get that through my right eye only when shooting in portrait mode (vertical tilt) and after 200+ shots, but i know what you mean. i simply close my right eye (left's closed anyway) just a split sec before taking the shot.

and if you're a fan of not looking through your viewfinder and shooting at chest level then please close your eyes...hahaha..
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#11
htthach said:
I've just bought an external flash.
Whenever I flash, I feel the flash get in my eyes also (i think because if bounce around? or the bounce box?)
After a while i feel very very uncomfortable and dizzy, so I close my eyes whenever I flash.
:dunno:
Maybe your eyes is very sensitive. Most people won't have such problem.
 

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#15
there is enuf time to recharge
only shot when the light is red
today i bring back to canon, they check for a while and say everything ok
so i also dun understand why
it just happen sometimes
 

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#17
cannot be.
coz the flash did fired strong.
and the picture look nearly black.
funny thing is after it get into the "dark state" what ever u do, still dark for afterward shots. (change mode, change conf,...)
so the dark thing come by series. To get out of the "dark state" must turn off both body and flash then it's ok again.
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#18
htthach said:
cannot be.
coz the flash did fired strong.
and the picture look nearly black.
funny thing is after it get into the "dark state" what ever u do, still dark for afterward shots. (change mode, change conf,...)
so the dark thing come by series. To get out of the "dark state" must turn off both body and flash then it's ok again.
camera faulty.
 

Mar 15, 2006
1,070
0
0
28
Singapore
www.demonicangelz.com
#19
htthach said:
cannot be.
coz the flash did fired strong.
and the picture look nearly black.
funny thing is after it get into the "dark state" what ever u do, still dark for afterward shots. (change mode, change conf,...)
so the dark thing come by series. To get out of the "dark state" must turn off both body and flash then it's ok again.
I think it might be a sync problem. It happens when I use my canon flash on my nikon body :confused:

Anyways if you close ur eyes when it flash, how you know if it really got flash anot? :dunno:
 

Artosoft

Senior Member
Aug 31, 2005
3,710
0
0
Tanjong Katong
#20
DemonicAngelz said:
Anyways if you close ur eyes when it flash, how you know if it really got flash anot? :dunno:
If you are using dslr/digital camera, you can preview....

Regards,
Arto.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom