Do you clear your car before servicing?

Do you remove all items from your car before sending to workshop?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcLeod

Jul 23, 2005
Singapore, West
Apart from cashcard and parking coupons, do you remove all items from your car before sending the car to the workshop?

i will also dismount my hi-fi sysytem.

Yes. All the valuables. But if it is only there for a couple of hour servicing of a small part, I will keep most of the really not important stuffs inside. But if for a big 2-3 days servicing, everything would be out.

For general servicing, not necessary to remove anything other than cashcard, wallet, handphone....they need to access only the engine bay and driver seat.....I don't think it makes any different if we remove other stuffs in bonet or childseat etc :cool:

Vaulable like Cashcard of course remove but other than that like parkcoupon no need. Cos if you know the people well dun think tats a problem. If everything remove hmmm you will hve to racksack the whole car already. lol

i remove only the valuable ones (personal belongings and cashcard etc)..
Coupons all these can't be bothered..hee..

For general servicing, not necessary to remove anything other than cashcard, wallet, handphone....they need to access only the engine bay and driver seat.....I don't think it makes any different if we remove other stuffs in bonet or childseat etc :cool:

one of the reasons I took all things out is when I complain about rattling noise. the workshop always claim it is this la that la that I have in my car that rattles iso something is looose in the car.

agreee it is troublesome to take all things out and put all things back in so if it is really nothing to do witih noise, I wouldn't bother so much to take things out.

one of the reasons I took all things out is when I complain about rattling noise. the workshop always claim it is this la that la that I have in my car that rattles iso something is looose in the car.

agreee it is troublesome to take all things out and put all things back in so if it is really nothing to do witih noise, I wouldn't bother so much to take things out.
What car do you drive?

one of the reasons I took all things out is when I complain about rattling noise. the workshop always claim it is this la that la that I have in my car that rattles iso something is looose in the car..

Hm....what kind of rattling noise? Sounds like animal....so scarry :lovegrin:

Hm....what kind of rattling noise? Sounds like animal....so scarry :lovegrin:

every car I had showed some rattling.
either dashboard, glove box.
but now I start to suspect it is the suspension / bushing that is making funny noise, not rattling anymore but noise when going around (tight) corners say in HDB car parks.

every car I had showed some rattling.
either dashboard, glove box.
but now I start to suspect it is the suspension / bushing that is making funny noise, not rattling anymore but noise when going around (tight) corners say in HDB car parks.

You got a sensitive ear....try not to pay attention to it....it will goes away after a while :thumbsup:

LOL. Nah. I've worked with many cars since young. And i can tell from the sound if the car has a problem or not.

:thumbsup: simply the eilte of "I-know-alot-things-de-lor"...:thumbsup:

Rattling noise? Just tune up the hi-fi volume. :bsmilie:

But seriously, I'd remove cashcard (the service adviser will check), my security passes, and my spare keys. Parking coupons, and coins in the ash tray are untouched.

Cashcard is a must to take out as most dealers prefer not to have any misunderstanding. In fact some customers take out cashcard but leave their notebook and bunch of coins and some notes in the tray.

Why do you worry about losing a few coins or some coupons when there are more important things to be aware of?

To me, i am much more concerned how the mechanic does up the car. I am also careful not to send to the wrong branch for servicing in case of hanky panky. Do not think that large dealers for prestigious continental cars will not have hanky panky. it happened to one of my cars. i called the mgr and was told it happens sometimes! i wrote in and they compensated me though i told them i had no intent to ask for any compensation.

So now, when i send car for servicing, i will tell them exactly what to do and i will request to be in the car for test drive. Reason is, a test drive can send the car to backlanes workshop to swoop parts or steal petrol. It happens and i know which are the ones.

I am not calculative if they steal some petrol or even pinch off my cash card or take some cash out of the coin box, but if they dare to swoop parts or damage my car through an external job, i will pursue the matter and make sure that bugger gets sacked.

So, its a matter of luck sometimes if you do not know much about cars. This is how much i will share here.

Status
Not open for further replies.