Do you choose to print matte or glossy?

Do u choose to print matte or glossy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kongo

Apr 6, 2005
www.pbase.com
Actually any difference in image quality other than one is more shiny and sticky than the other?

Personnally I felt that the print appears to be sharper with glossy print and I have so far never see people submit matt print for competition. However, my personal taste I much prefer matt print.

Before digital, I printed matte, they are not as sharp but they last longer.
Now digital, I print glossy, they are sharper and more colour, and I can always reprint to get new one.

wow.. didn't know matt lasts longer. I always printed glossy becos they looked better. Whenever I go to the labs, they will always ask "Matt/Glossy? Glossy lah hor?" then I ususally just "ya ya ya"

Glossy, for display purposes, but not framed. If I want it framed, Matte is still the way to go.

Matte, for distribution purposes, so that my grubby fingers do not leave prints on the photos while handling it.

matte for me. i find that glossy photo when put in an album or framed, it become double glossy. light reflected (glare) makes it hard to see. sometimes need to tilt the album or frame a bit in order to see the picture clearly. kinda irritating.

you need multi coating on the front then.. :bsmilie:

Thanks for the input.:)

Noticed that there r some other option such as metallic glossy.. normally how much does these cost & what's the main difference?

i usually print glossy tho sumtimes wl print matte... fingerprt lah.:(

OK lets look the pros & con Matt/Glossy

Matt-dosen't stick if kept in photo album,
-dosen't glare in bright light
-dosen't leve any finger print marks on your phtotos
- colour dosen't last > 10 years (normal condition)

Glossy-sharp & vibrant
-sticky under improper humidity
-glare under normal lighting.
-Tested proven my own photos still sharp & vibrant after more than 10years with Kodak Royal paper

Have a nice day:)

It is just a preference. But I do agree that matt handles easier for framing purposes. For me 100% of the time I print matt as I do not really see the need for details (glossy seems to give better details), not when you want to blow it up to 12R :p

matt for me, since i bring pics for critique during meet ups with fellow csers, too many grumby fingers can cause destruction to a glossy print :bsmilie:

:think: Where is the best place for printing of digital on matt? any recommendation? and what's the price? How long it takes to print?

illustrious said:
:think: Where is the best place for printing of digital on matt? any recommendation? and what's the price? How long it takes to print?

Grace, KT or ML :)

Glossy shows more details, hence sharpness or lack-of-it shows more. also for digital, artificial sharpening shows up more on gloss, looks 'digital'. the colours are vibrant on gloss. Glossy prints VERY hard to handle, can't pass photos around or put onto glass frames (as said above).

Matt prints gives a 'classical' film grain feel to digital photos. Less vibrant colours though, but less prone to reflection. Easy handling. Digitalness and lack-of-sharpness not so obvious.

My choice is matt.

love glossy. Gives me the punch of colours and details. But if you can afford, do a wet-proof for magzine print quality. Get the glossiness and no finger prints. :bsmilie:

glossy look nicer because of the shiny surface

I simply love glossy super 8R... it give me the sharpness and vibrate color