Do you carry your camera everyday?

LFC25

Mar 20, 2011
Hi Guys,

It's a personal question.

Just to find out do you carry your camera in your bag everyday or .. like me only bring it out during weekends for some shooting? :)

Nope. Unless i'm photographer.
Bring it only during weekends. And always when Having overseas trip.

Depending on where i'm going etc. If i'm going for sch and after sch i have a little bit of time i might go shoot a bit. However i do have my lx5 with me everywhere i go though.

I find it a waste having my camera sitting inside the dry box for most of the times. :what:

No because I have alot of things to carry to work. Books, laptops, documents so no space to put another DSLR without the risk of squashing it.

Yes because my mobile phone has a camera! If need I just 'challenge' myself to take photos using it.

Didn't bring my camera everyday as my workplace doesn't allow. So, it's only during weekend for me.

i dont.. i only bring it out when i need it..
those i know that carry everywhere with them.. n always in the bag.. are those using compact camera.. or buy 1 just for this purpose.

yup! work requirement. will be lost without it haha.

i dont.. i only bring it out when i need it..
those i know that carry everywhere with them.. n always in the bag.. are those using compact camera.. or buy 1 just for this purpose.

Yap, carry the G12 all the time, wherever I go. dslr only on weekends :)

I intend to start carrying my camera everyday as find it a waste at home..

Don't know whether bad for the lens and body or not, sometines cold (office) sometimes hot (outside)..

No I don't. Find DSLR too cumbersome... Think I might need a compact for everyday snapshots!

Not sure if some of u guys here encounter this during our 2days trip overseas, I bring my camera outside to take photos weather a bit sunny for the whole day. Then when i reach in the hotel room with fully airconditioned and just keep my camera attached with the 50mm f1.4 lens inside the bag. The following day i have noticed that my 50mm lens got moist/smudge inside the rear and front glass elements.
Dunno what happens to my lens and need it to take photos for my daughter. Really the smudge was so thick and on the viewfinder nothing to see except for the white smudge. LuckiLy, on the that day around 10am the sun was available so i remove the lens from the body and remove the caps and filter as well then face the front lens direct to sunlight which took me 20mins front and 20mins rear just to remove the smudge. Actually the lens was totally brand new, i think lower temparature affects the interior glass of the lens.

Not sure if some of u guys here encounter this during our 2days trip overseas, I bring my camera outside to take photos weather a bit sunny for the whole day. Then when i reach in the hotel room with fully airconditioned and just keep my camera attached with the 50mm f1.4 lens inside the bag. The following day i have noticed that my 50mm lens got moist/smudge inside the rear and front glass elements.
Dunno what happens to my lens and need it to take photos for my daughter. Really the smudge was so thick and on the viewfinder nothing to see except for the white smudge. LuckiLy, on the that day around 10am the sun was available so i remove the lens from the body and remove the caps and filter as well then face the front lens direct to sunlight which took me 20mins front and 20mins rear just to remove the smudge. Actually the lens was totally brand new, i think lower temparature affects the interior glass of the lens.

Its called condensation

loveko said:

Definitely! Condensation happens. Probably the aircon in the room was too cold and when u bring it outdoors, it fogs. Happens to every lens too.

I try to keep it in my bag after shooting indoor aircon events. Keep it properly before heading out of the air conditioned area. Singapore is too humid!

loveko said:

I would think that it's more of fog.. try putting your lens in a ziplock bag where the air inside can add as some insulation..
Also... If you can.. take towel or some sort to wrap the whole thing.. the basic idea is to keep the temp constant...
Hope this helps...

digitalpimp said:
I envy your work! :)

no cause for envy! giving me a bad back from lugging the equipments ard!

I carry my camera everyday yes... in my pocket... it's also known as my phone.